Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Tuesday?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2018 at 8:01 PM
  • 24 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Jan. 1, 2018 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 1, 2018 at 8:01 PM

Post is ready for tomorrow morning

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 5:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Happy Tuesday!

Work and maybe laundry. That's about it on the agenda today. Gotta get moving so I'm not late.
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 5:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, let's see, it's back to work after a very relaxing long weekend! But, now I have to hit the road running! I have to get my January calendar hung and decorated, Christmas decorations to take down and pack away, time to decorate for winter, and just catch up on anything that may have happened over the weekend. 

I am also going to try to take a few minutes to go to the funeral home for a final goodbye to one of my son's high school classmates. He was in an accident last week and died of the injuries. He was only 30. He is also the first of my son's classmates to pass. My daughter's class(a year younger) has lost 6 already.

Tonight is Alzheimer's Support Group meeting, so I guess I need to prepare for that also. And sometime today, I should try to call my aunt. My uncle passed away yesterday, diagnosed 4 days ago with cancer and given a few weeks, but I guess we should be grateful that he did not suffer any longer than he did!

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Jan. 2, 2018 at 6:36 AM
1 mom liked this
It’s January so that means I need to slowly get back to work. Little things to start with and it’ll slowly pick up. By February I’ll be working a bit everyday. Oy. I do so love my off months.

Anyway, keeping the house warm is the main thing on the agenda today as it is currently 8* but feels like 2* out there. Next time I go out to fetch wood I’ll put on some pants. I went out in my gown and a turtle neck not long ago and it was quite chilly!!

Have a Day and stay warm!
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 2, 2018 at 6:47 AM

Hey good Tuesday Morning.  Even though lately days seem to blur together, at this time of year with taking days off work and of course the holidays it's worse!   No EMW for me since offices were closed yesterday so last day for sleeping in for me.  OVN emails read, will peak at GHF and then head off to FL group.

It's Tuesday so the housecleaner will be at parents.  I need to call mom's doctor to find out why she did not authorize getting Hospice out to get an initial assessment.  Mom keeps going back and forth between alert and not alert and I would at least like to get the assessment since it's not like they can just come over at the drop of a hat and I don't want to keep taking mom to an ER.  Since two days after Christmas, she has gone between being "fine" and being very lethargic. I'm calling the Area Agency on Aging today as well to schedule another visit by them. 

anyhoo, it's cold again this morning at 0° currently but highs are for the mid 20s the rest of the week, looks like above freezing on Saturday! 

that's about it.  Happy Tuesday!

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 6:50 AM

Good morning ladies.

Was awake at 5:30 this morning, so not impressed with this early rising.  I have a lot on my mind today though so I'm sure thats why.

My sisters can who arrived on Sunday has still not used the litter box.  He has never been to this  house before and seems very nervous he hid under the china cabinet most of yesterday.  I keep taking him down and showing him the litter but he just walks away.  He is eating and drinking and when I googled it seems they can go a long time if they are in a strange situation.  I'm thinking of putting his food and water in the bathroom where the litter is and closing the door and leaving him in there and see what happens.  

Its very cold again, but supposedly not as cold as yesterday.  I said to my husband when it hits -20C its just COLD, does't matter if its -24 or -26 its all COLD.  

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry about your son's friend and your uncle.  Remembering you in my prayers

Quoting darmomusaf:

Well, let's see, it's back to work after a very relaxing long weekend! But, now I have to hit the road running! I have to get my January calendar hung and decorated, Christmas decorations to take down and pack away, time to decorate for winter, and just catch up on anything that may have happened over the weekend. 

I am also going to try to take a few minutes to go to the funeral home for a final goodbye to one of my son's high school classmates. He was in an accident last week and died of the injuries. He was only 30. He is also the first of my son's classmates to pass. My daughter's class(a year younger) has lost 6 already.

Tonight is Alzheimer's Support Group meeting, so I guess I need to prepare for that also. And sometime today, I should try to call my aunt. My uncle passed away yesterday, diagnosed 4 days ago with cancer and given a few weeks, but I guess we should be grateful that he did not suffer any longer than he did!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:51 AM

Good morning.....the days are definitely a blur. 

I hope the dr will get right on the hospice assessment done.  I think that would help you a lot to also see what they say.  Hope today is a good one Ronna.  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Hey good Tuesday Morning.  Even though lately days seem to blur together, at this time of year with taking days off work and of course the holidays it's worse!   No EMW for me since offices were closed yesterday so last day for sleeping in for me.  OVN emails read, will peak at GHF and then head off to FL group.

It's Tuesday so the housecleaner will be at parents.  I need to call mom's doctor to find out why she did not authorize getting Hospice out to get an initial assessment.  Mom keeps going back and forth between alert and not alert and I would at least like to get the assessment since it's not like they can just come over at the drop of a hat and I don't want to keep taking mom to an ER.  Since two days after Christmas, she has gone between being "fine" and being very lethargic. I'm calling the Area Agency on Aging today as well to schedule another visit by them. 

anyhoo, it's cold again this morning at 0° currently but highs are for the mid 20s the rest of the week, looks like above freezing on Saturday! 

that's about it.  Happy Tuesday!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:54 AM

Good morning....you're right...when it's that cold it's just cold!!!  LOL

I think it's a good idea to put the cat's food and water in the same room as the litter box.  I hope it will help.  Poor thing!!  Let us know if it works!

Take care and have a good day.  :)

Quoting annie-durham:

Good morning ladies.

Was awake at 5:30 this morning, so not impressed with this early rising.  I have a lot on my mind today though so I'm sure thats why.

My sisters can who arrived on Sunday has still not used the litter box.  He has never been to this  house before and seems very nervous he hid under the china cabinet most of yesterday.  I keep taking him down and showing him the litter but he just walks away.  He is eating and drinking and when I googled it seems they can go a long time if they are in a strange situation.  I'm thinking of putting his food and water in the bathroom where the litter is and closing the door and leaving him in there and see what happens.  

Its very cold again, but supposedly not as cold as yesterday.  I said to my husband when it hits -20C its just COLD, does't matter if its -24 or -26 its all COLD.  

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:58 AM

Good morning ladies....still cold here!  In the teens.  We don't get a lot of that so we're all complaining and being babies.  lol  I've been wearing heavier clothes and really bundling up.  I tend to sometimes run out the door with a light jacket...maybe even in my hand instead of on...none of that lately!  LOL  They're calling for some winter weather here and other areas west of here.  We will see.....

Not doing much until it's time to head to Mr M's house.  I know he probably won't want to do a thing!  LOL  He doesn't even like to walk out of the house when it's cold.  I'll ask and crank the car up to warm it for him if he does.  I do that anyway for him.  I haven't seen him since Friday so I'll be happy to see him today.

I really need to do a load of laundry since I'm wearing heavier / thicker clothes but don't really feel like it right now.  I just feel lazy I guess.

I hope it's a good day for everyone!!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)