Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Wednesday?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 7:51 PM
  • 24 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 2, 2018 at 7:51 PM

I've had a HARD time getting cm to come up!!!  So...I started this now for tomorrow morning in case I can't get on later.  :)

emmygirl31
by Angie on Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

going to the water department to pay a bill, then onto motor vehicle to do an address change.  Hopefully the line wont be too long.  Will also make a stop at bj's if I have the time.  I was supposed to take my granddaughter to school and pick her up but the school her father teaches in had a heating failure tonight so their school is closed tomorrow and he will be taking her.

mnm1994
by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Have to take one of the dogs to the vet and also send out a package to my grandson...hope the post office isn’t packed 

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 5:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, since I did not get everything done at work yesterday, it will continue today. Decorations to come down and be packed away, snowmen and winter decor to be placed around the facility, a couple of family meetings, and some paperwork to do. That should take care of eight hours of my day!

A quick trip to Walmart this evening to get a few things and then home to hibernate again. This cold is just getting to me, today is supposed to be the warmest day this week and the high is going to be around 20. By the end of the week we will be in negatives again. -2 this morning!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 3, 2018 at 5:52 AM

Wednesday!

Yesterday went fine.  Now that the home health people aren't coming over each and every afternoon, I have time to make phone calls.

Mom's doctor had denied authorizing a Hospice company to come and do an assessment.  I called about that and now am more confused than ever.  So, I called the Area Agency on Aging and have asked for a new assessment so I can see what options are available - for both mom and dad!  Apparently, based on what the nurse said, Hospice is a business and will exaggerate the level of care they can provide in-home.  Supposedly mom's doctor had been involved for over 10 years somehow with hospice and helped write regulations for that industry.  Mom's appointment with the doctor was very late in the afternoon and I honestly don't recall having a very in-depth conversation about hospice with her but obviously I must have said that's not what we want.  Also doc reduced one of mom's meds to 1/2 dosage but for the life of me I'm not remembering which one!  I think it was her anti-psychotic med.  Heck, looks like I need help now too. 

After parents, there were things I needed to pick up from Walmart so I reluctantly went there - and as I'm typing this now, I realized I forgot to pick up dust cloths for the housekeeper.  SMH.  I really hate being a regular shopper at Walmart!! 

Came home, watched a movie "Charlie St. Cloud" on Netflix.  Then had lights out around 9.

Up this morning at 4 - EMW is done, OVN emails caught up - I think I'm getting back into the swing of things - hoping boring is in my near future!  Here now, then will peek at GHF then off to FL group then parents and I guess Walmart again.   It's cold but today's high is 23 which is better than single digits!  Right now, it's 22 so looks like this is how it's gonna be.

OH.  I bought a roll of electrical tape while at walmart yesterday - my desk has metal sides and so does my chair - I wrapped the exposed metal parts with electrical tape last night.  I'm hoping to get fewer static shocks when I sit down at my desk.  So far so good.  Logically, electrical tape should do the trick - at least that's my hope. 

Happy Wednesday!

okay that's it. 

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Jan. 3, 2018 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Not a heck of a lot to report today. Staying warm, as always. Feeding animals, as always. I need to update the vendor contract for the May event and email it out; that’ll be my work for the day. Coco needs to get hay and feed for her horse but other than that it’ll be a quiet day at the farm.

I should get a lottery ticket or two. I hear no one won the Mega Millions last night and the PowerBall drawing is coming up. I also need to trade in my scratch-off tickets; I’ve got a bunch in my purse that need cashing-in. I got one last week that I won $75 on so I need to not forget about that. I’ll just trade it for more scratch-offs. Those are always fun to do.

Anyway, stay warm and have a day!!
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 6:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Slow moving on the freezing Wednesday Morning. Work and home. Nothing on the agenda today.
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 3, 2018 at 6:54 AM

Good morning!!  I'm glad yesterday was an ok day. 

Wasn't the anti psychotic drug what one of the dr's reduced one time and she started having issues again?  I'm not positive but it seems like I remember that and then you had to up it where it was before.  I'm sure you'll figure it out.

I hope you have a good day.  A boring and warm day  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Wednesday!

Yesterday went fine.  Now that the home health people aren't coming over each and every afternoon, I have time to make phone calls.

Mom's doctor had denied authorizing a Hospice company to come and do an assessment.  I called about that and now am more confused than ever.  So, I called the Area Agency on Aging and have asked for a new assessment so I can see what options are available - for both mom and dad!  Apparently, based on what the nurse said, Hospice is a business and will exaggerate the level of care they can provide in-home.  Supposedly mom's doctor had been involved for over 10 years somehow with hospice and helped write regulations for that industry.  Mom's appointment with the doctor was very late in the afternoon and I honestly don't recall having a very in-depth conversation about hospice with her but obviously I must have said that's not what we want.  Also doc reduced one of mom's meds to 1/2 dosage but for the life of me I'm not remembering which one!  I think it was her anti-psychotic med.  Heck, looks like I need help now too. 

After parents, there were things I needed to pick up from Walmart so I reluctantly went there - and as I'm typing this now, I realized I forgot to pick up dust cloths for the housekeeper.  SMH.  I really hate being a regular shopper at Walmart!! 

Came home, watched a movie "Charlie St. Cloud" on Netflix.  Then had lights out around 9.

Up this morning at 4 - EMW is done, OVN emails caught up - I think I'm getting back into the swing of things - hoping boring is in my near future!  Here now, then will peek at GHF then off to FL group then parents and I guess Walmart again.   It's cold but today's high is 23 which is better than single digits!  Right now, it's 22 so looks like this is how it's gonna be.

OH.  I bought a roll of electrical tape while at walmart yesterday - my desk has metal sides and so does my chair - I wrapped the exposed metal parts with electrical tape last night.  I'm hoping to get fewer static shocks when I sit down at my desk.  So far so good.  Logically, electrical tape should do the trick - at least that's my hope. 

Happy Wednesday!

okay that's it. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 3, 2018 at 6:59 AM

Good morning....Brrrr....for sure!!!!  It's around 19 I think.  I've got a couple of shirts on and will have a jacket and scarf when I head out.  We have rain coming in later on today and then they say it will be a mix of snow / sleet.  We will see.  I'm thinking it may not make it this far down east.  I will keep you posted.

I have Mr M and then Patty today.  I took some ground beef out of the freezer yesterday so I need to figure out what I want to do with it.  I thought about making spanish rice.  I'll think about it for a while and then if I don't make that I'll have to decide on something!!  LOL

I hope it's a good day for all of you.  My heat is doing great so far!!!!  Woo Hoo...thank you God above.  I did NOT want to deal with that at any time but especially while it's this cold.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 3, 2018 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Odd that it's colder where you are compared to me!  But seeing the weather, it looks like a major cold blast is going to hit the east - not sure exactly where but at least it's not HERE. 

Yes, it was the anti-psychotic the doc reduced earlier and mom started becoming more snippy so we pushed it back up.  The nurse said he will mail out a corrected list of meds.  We were there so late the checkout desk was closed and that's usually where the most recent medication list and any adjusted dosages are.

I had dad buy ground beef a while back and I divvied it up into 1/4 pound patties and froze them.  It's so easy to make them spaghetti sauce - really only need to thaw out 1-2 patties then add a can of tomato sauce and spices and boil some crinkly egg noodles.  Traditional spaghetti noodles are too bothersome for parents to eat but the crinkly egg noodles are easier.  I made ham n bean soup the other day so will take that over today for them - will make a batch of cornbread here in a bit - will help warm my place up a bit!

Say Hi to Mr. M for me and have a great day - glad your furnace is working okay now!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning....Brrrr....for sure!!!!  It's around 19 I think.  I've got a couple of shirts on and will have a jacket and scarf when I head out.  We have rain coming in later on today and then they say it will be a mix of snow / sleet.  We will see.  I'm thinking it may not make it this far down east.  I will keep you posted.

I have Mr M and then Patty today.  I took some ground beef out of the freezer yesterday so I need to figure out what I want to do with it.  I thought about making spanish rice.  I'll think about it for a while and then if I don't make that I'll have to decide on something!!  LOL

I hope it's a good day for all of you.  My heat is doing great so far!!!!  Woo Hoo...thank you God above.  I did NOT want to deal with that at any time but especially while it's this cold.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)