Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD 1/3/18

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2018 at 8:37 AM
  • 15 Replies

Since my car is not working I am having to take the bus to work in the morning.  Have you ever had to ride a bus?

by on Jan. 3, 2018 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof337
by Stephanie on Jan. 3, 2018 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
When I was in college,bus to school and back.Wkdys stayed with my aunt,wknds bused home.
atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 3, 2018 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
No buses anywhere we have ever lived.
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

'way back in the mid 80s, yes, I rode a bus to/from work.  It was about 12 miles from the apartment where I lived to the KU Medical Center where I worked and I had to transfer in downtown KCMO and then once more in mid-town.  This was before cellphones of course and in winter it was awful because with inclement weather buses were often delayed.  I could not leave the bus stop to use a payphone to call and let my husband know I'd be late, for fear of missing the bus! 

in KC MO there are many more buses than where I live now, in Kansas.

luvnature
by Suzie on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

yes, all through my school years I took the school bus. Also when I lived in the big city and a few times when I travelled. 

Not anymore since I live in a small town and only a few blocks from the downtown core and I can walk anywhere. 

Mariagma3
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it's not as bad as some might think. It can be very efficient. Sorry your car isn't working.

KittyGram
by Becky on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

No.  I know there are buses in this area, but I'd have no idea how to find them!

Edited:  Well, since everyone is saying, "School bus", I'll add that I did ride the school bus from 1st thru 12th grades.

But public transportation, no.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Jan. 3, 2018 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I have taken bus rides. Mostly on a school bus! I did some Greyhound Bus traveling as a teen. I did use a local bus transit a few times when the boys were young.

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Daily in high school. Other than that, only a couple times when traveling, and that was the mode of transportation (Boston).

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Not since I stopped living and/or working in NYC.  When I lived there, I always took the buses and subways - beginning in high school. (I always lived a few blocks from grammar schools.)  After college, I moved to central NJ and took the express buses to and from my job in downtown Manhattan.  Except for 2 or 3 trips to either the mountains Atlantic City, I haven't ridden a bus in 40 years.  When my car went the shop, I used to get a nearby co-worker to drive me to work (or DH if he was off or on the night shift) - it's a 7 mile trip, to a part time job, that would take over an hour by bus, and I'd still have to walk a mile from my house to the bus stop, and another mile to my job from the bus.  Uphill. The commuter bus service around here only goes to the malls or into the city - you really can't get around here by bus.  When my son went to community college, about 8 miles from here, it would take him over an hour & 2 buses - and if the bus was full, as it often was, the next bus would get him to class too late. So, I changed my schedule at work so we could share the car. We live in a busy area of north NJ not far from NYC but it's impossible to get around without a car.  I have 4 friends who are legally blind who live here and they have to depend on family, friends, and Uber, or a public car service called "Access Link" which is almost as expensive as taxi service.  Good luck with the bus - I hope the service is decent.  Will your car be running again soon?

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Jan. 3, 2018 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
When visiting my sister in NYC we always took the subway or the bus and when visiting my brother in DC, if he’s working and has the car, we will ride the bus around town. When flying to DC we’ll take the train from the airport to Union Station and walk to their house since they’re only four blocks away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)