Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Since my car is not working I am having to take the bus to work in the morning.  Have you ever had to ride a bus?

by on Jan. 3, 2018 at 8:37 AM
Replies (11-15):
cybcm
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
You would be hard pressed to find someone in Melbourne who leaves their house and doesn't own a myki (card for travel on train, tram and bus).

Inner Melbourne is not a car-friendly city.
Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 3, 2018 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

The temps here have been in the negative numbers.  I won't ask my son to go out in that kind of weather to work on my car.  It will be a little warmer next week so we will see.

Quoting Marinefranksmom:

Not since I stopped living and/or working in NYC.  When I lived there, I always took the buses and subways - beginning in high school. (I always lived a few blocks from grammar schools.)  After college, I moved to central NJ and took the express buses to and from my job in downtown Manhattan.  Except for 2 or 3 trips to either the mountains Atlantic City, I haven't ridden a bus in 40 years.  When my car went the shop, I used to get a nearby co-worker to drive me to work (or DH if he was off or on the night shift) - it's a 7 mile trip, to a part time job, that would take over an hour by bus, and I'd still have to walk a mile from my house to the bus stop, and another mile to my job from the bus.  Uphill. The commuter bus service around here only goes to the malls or into the city - you really can't get around here by bus.  When my son went to community college, about 8 miles from here, it would take him over an hour & 2 buses - and if the bus was full, as it often was, the next bus would get him to class too late. So, I changed my schedule at work so we could share the car. We live in a busy area of north NJ not far from NYC but it's impossible to get around without a car.  I have 4 friends who are legally blind who live here and they have to depend on family, friends, and Uber, or a public car service called "Access Link" which is almost as expensive as taxi service.  Good luck with the bus - I hope the service is decent.  Will your car be running again soon?

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 3, 2018 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

A school bus yes and a couple of greyhound buses many years ago.  That's about it for me

tinysmom160
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Just once and that is enough I am so sorry for car trouble

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

If you count riding the ATA(Area Transportation Agency) bus with one of my residents to play Bingo today at our local Senior Center, than yes, I have had to ride the bus!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)