Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on my ear

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 4:09 PM
  • 14 Replies
2 moms liked this

It's been 4 1/2 months since I had surgery (time flies!!!)... in December, my appointments went from every 3 weeks, to 6 weeks.  I had a follow up early this afternoon.... mostly very very good news!!

1.  No need for a skin graft!!  The two spots that hadn't healed as much as he was hoping last time have since totally healed!  Woo hoo!!!

2.  I don't have to go back till March 19!!  9 weeks!!!!!!!!

3.  No more packing in the ear at all!  This is huge!!

4.  No more daily ear drops!!!!

5.  They did a hearing test, and my hearing has improved a bit since last time (November of 2016)!!!  Even the left ear, for one tone, has improved.  I'm not sure how that happened, but I'll take it!!

One bit of bad news, which I knew before surgery:  My left ear drum has a hole in it, so he wants to go in and repair that one, so I never have to go thru with it what I've had to with the right ear.  We'll look at it again in May and schedule then if necessary.

by on Jan. 15, 2018 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annie-durham
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 4:23 PM

Well thats good news.   I always thought a hole in your eardrum healed by itself.  

KittyGram
by Becky on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:30 PM

Quoting annie-durham:

Well thats good news.   I always thought a hole in your eardrum healed by itself.  

Most times, I think they do.  I have chronic ear infections.  I guess it just couldn't keep healing itself.

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh ok, I know my grandson has had several ear infections in his short life and also had tubes put in twice.  His ear drum has burst a few times and they always say dont' worry it will heal over.  

Quoting KittyGram:

Quoting annie-durham:

Most times, I think they do.  I have chronic ear infections.  I guess it just couldn't keep healing itself.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

That's very good news Becky and I KNOW you are relieved!!  I AM sorry about the upcoming possible surgery but hopefully it won't be a hard thing to recover from. 

In the mean time...woo hoo  :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay!!!!
smokeyjo
by Jozie on Jan. 15, 2018 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Good news!!
Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like all good news!  I hope you're feeling well and that the repair of the other hole will go well.  Take care!

emmygirl31
by Angie on Jan. 15, 2018 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

always nice to hear good news.....glad things are going so well.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 16, 2018 at 5:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Yay on the good news!  I guess that means we can stop typing in ALL CAPS for you now?  lol.

Hoping the other ear drum decides to heal on its own, but if surgery is necessary, that will help it in the long run, right?

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2018 at 6:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Good news!!! Here's hoping that all goes well from here on!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)