Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mini House

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2018 at 12:52 AM
  • 53 Replies
1 mom liked this

It's not tiny.  It's not big.  It's mini.  So far the living/dining/kitchen combo.

by on Jan. 17, 2018 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DONNAOPULENTO
by Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 1:11 AM

So, my granddaughter is priming the walls and the ceiling white.  All of the furnishings are from oak cabinets are recycled.  All counter tops and table tops are recycled pine woods.  They are built-ins with a lot of cabinet space.  The sofa cushions are futon mattresses with body pillows.  They wanted the hunting cabin look.  Floors are stick on tiles.  Moose antlers will be hung above their front door outside as soon as the house is painted.  The other half of the house is under construction, my granddaughter has not given me permission to photograph yet.  The ceiling fan is stained glass from my Pops workshop.  All doors are recycled bifold closet doors.  Window trims are 2x4 studs.  Swivel bar stools are all recycled.  We need to trim the doors and walls and finish the tiny room next to the kitchen.      

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Jan. 17, 2018 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Looks good!! When will the rest be done?
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 5:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I like it!!!!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 17, 2018 at 6:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow!  That is so cool!  thanks for sharing the pics - and eagerly awaiting the rest of them once the granddaughter gives permission to share!

lucky2Beeme
by Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Gives me anxiety looking at it , sorry. I think how you are doing it is cool. I love the idea just not something I could ever do. How many people will live in it ? whats the sleeping area like ?  I hope you love it and its better than you dreamed it would be.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 17, 2018 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for sharing the pics with us!!  It looks great.  The ceiling fan sounds especially neat!  Can't wait for more pics to come.  :)

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Love how you have recycled everything.  Was this a garage or a shed?

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 17, 2018 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

That is just too awesome for words.  It is amazing.  I love it.

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 9:35 AM
2 moms liked this

I can't wait to see exterior pics......just so I can picture it better in my mind. I often think I could live in a 'mini' house. Like you say, not a 'tiny house'. I like the whole idea of how it's been done by recycling/re-purposing items. Fill us in on the actual square footage, how many people/animals will live here.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 17, 2018 at 10:44 AM
2 moms liked this

If I had time and money ... I was thinking I could buy one of those back-yard sheds and set it up on my parents back patio so I could have my own "room" and be at parent's house.    Would have to insulate it heavily but would only need it to sleep and work.  Would have access to parents house for cooking, bathing, etc. 

Quoting EireLass:

I can't wait to see exterior pics......just so I can picture it better in my mind. I often think I could live in a 'mini' house. Like you say, not a 'tiny house'. I like the whole idea of how it's been done by recycling/re-purposing items. Fill us in on the actual square footage, how many people/animals will live here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)