Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD 1/18/18

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:53 AM
  • 18 Replies

This has been one strange winter.  Do you live where there has been unexpected weather?

by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this

I have always lived in New England. We say "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute." Meaning, yesterday was 24 hours of constant snowfall, grey weather. Today, the sun is shining bright and by Saturday, high enough temps to melt the snow. Last week we had a blizzard, and a few days later it was 50*. Who the heck knows how to dress anymore!!! haha

Meanwhile, I'm trying to plan a trip to Virginia Beach to visit the kids......and it's snowing!!!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 18, 2018 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes we sure have.  lol  We have snow outside right now and had it 2 weeks ago also.  It's very odd to have snow at the beach.  We've had below normal temps as well.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Nothing too unexpected. It is winter in the northwoods of Wisconsin!

We get much less snow here than what I have grown up with just an hour to the east.

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
It was a warmer fall with less rain than usual hear in Dallas Ft. Worth area. It has been very cold the past few weeks but not as bad as a few years ago during some ice stormes that pretty much closed down work and schools for a week. That type of situation usually only happens once every two or three years and only for a day or two when it does.
Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Here in NJ it's been seasonally cold and snowy. Where my son lives in southern SC , it's been unseasonably cold and snowy. This photo of my grandkids was taken 2 weeks ago when snow and ice shut down the Hilton Head area.
KittyGram
by Becky on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Very similar to our Chicago weather.

Chicago weather I think is known for its unpredictability.  I'm not sure we've had unexpected weather, but we had 2+ weeks on deep freeze, followed by a few days of 50-55; followed by 10 - 20 and snow; followed by gorgeous weather today (not sure of the temp, but the sun is awesome!) and we're expecting into the 40's over the weekend.  

Wierd.

Quoting EireLass:

I have always lived in New England. We say "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute." Meaning, yesterday was 24 hours of constant snowfall, grey weather. Today, the sun is shining bright and by Saturday, high enough temps to melt the snow. Last week we had a blizzard, and a few days later it was 50*. Who the heck knows how to dress anymore!!! haha

Meanwhile, I'm trying to plan a trip to Virginia Beach to visit the kids......and it's snowing!!!

Tagalong57
by Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 1:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I am not too far from you. We also do not have near the amount of snow we had as a kid. Being right on lake Michigan we get lake effect snow once in a while.

Quoting LEK19:

Nothing too unexpected. It is winter in the northwoods of Wisconsin!

We get much less snow here than what I have grown up with just an hour to the east.

Mariagma3
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

snowgirlNo, Illinois. Our weather should be around 30-40's, but it's not, lately. I know CA has been unseasonably hot the last several years. My Mom & sister live there. 

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Jan. 18, 2018 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Nice and cold which is just how I like it and it’ll be 60 by the weekend but this is the south so that is expected.
atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 18, 2018 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Too much cold in SW Florida
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)