Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:20 PM
  • 54 Replies

come tell us....

by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:20 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning

Goobergal
by Marian on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Picking up daughter from school friday.  She has a delayed start by 2 hours because of ice on the roads.  And she has an abbreviated day since she's a senior, so maybe a 3 hour school day if that.  I have to stop at the pharmacy to get her prescription and then head to the gym.

Saturday I will get up and go run in the morning.  She has a college interview for an Ivy school so I'll drop her off for that.  Long shot, but wish her luck...

sunday I dont know...sloth....

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Jan. 19, 2018 at 4:58 AM

It's Friday!

Yesterday went well.

Came home, there are plenty of things I know I need to get done but I didn't feel like it.  Called maintenance again about my heat ... then curled up on my couch under the electric throw and watched some TV. I've discovered you can watch some (corny) Lifetime movies via Youtube so I did that, then read until lights out - at 6 p.m.!!!  lol.

Up this morning at 3:30ish - EMW is done.  Have a couple of posts to answer in the GHF then off to FL group, then parents. 

that's about it!  Happy Friday!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 5:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Last day of work!!!!

I'll come back tonight and update how that went.
noolsg
by Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 7:14 AM

Nothing much today.  I went to visit dad yesterday.  tonight we are going to a concert in the local theatre to see Sharon Shannon playing.  Tomorrow I hope to see my special boy and that is it.  I'm dreading going out.  I feel very low in myself and a black cloud over me a black cloud of worry worry worry that will not let up.  

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

When I first went into menopause I had severe mood swings but I also had this very dark feeling.  LIke a free foating anxiety couldnt' put my finger on it but jsut felt like something terrible was going to happen all the time.  My dr put me on antidepressants for a few years and it really helped it certainly saved my marriage.  That was one of the menopause symtoms that eventually went away, not like the damn insomnia which persists. 

Quoting noolsg:

Nothing much today.  I went to visit dad yesterday.  tonight we are going to a concert in the local theatre to see Sharon Shannon playing.  Tomorrow I hope to see my special boy and that is it.  I'm dreading going out.  I feel very low in myself and a black cloud over me a black cloud of worry worry worry that will not let up.  

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:06 AM

Good morning ladies.

Well slept well last nigth but of course it was with some medical intervention.  I took half an ativan and conked out around 11:30 and slept right through til 7:30.  

We are milder today but still cloudy.  Temps mid 30's today an tomorrow.

I need to run to the drug store and buy some small plastic bottles to put my creams and stuff in for the plane.  I'm only taking carry on so I'm limited in liquids.  

I also need to get out some of my summer clothes from the basement, with the cat here will be hard.  I dont' want him lying all over everything or climbing into the suit case I'm already having a hard time dealing with the cat hair.  

This weekend my daughter, dil and I are going to a baby shower for dh's cousins daughter.  Its her first  baby and its a little boy.  Should be fun, 3 of my 4 grandchidlren are coming with us.  

Sunday I think we are going over to my son's house.  He bought some new light fixtures and needs hubbys help to install them.  We'll probably order pizza or something for dinner since his wife doesnt' cook. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:33 AM

Good morning.....you know, I'm really irritated that they STILL haven't done anything about the heat!!!!!  I don't care if it's cheap rent or not.  What a bunch of jerks!

Sometimes I watch lifetime movies too.  Corny sometimes but good sometimes too.  Sort of like the Hallmark movies I watch during the holidays.  lol

I hope you have a good day Ronna AND that those stupid people show up to give you some heat. 

Quoting suzeebloch:

It's Friday!

Yesterday went well.

Came home, there are plenty of things I know I need to get done but I didn't feel like it.  Called maintenance again about my heat ... then curled up on my couch under the electric throw and watched some TV. I've discovered you can watch some (corny) Lifetime movies via Youtube so I did that, then read until lights out - at 6 p.m.!!!  lol.

Up this morning at 3:30ish - EMW is done.  Have a couple of posts to answer in the GHF then off to FL group, then parents. 

that's about it!  Happy Friday!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:35 AM

I'm so sorry!!  Sometimes I feel down too or just blah feeling.  I hope you'll feel better soon.  I wish I knew some magic words to say to you that would help right away.  I do find that when I get like that if I can vent in here it helps me.  These girls are great listeners and give you their advice or opinions etc...Hugs to you!!!  I really hope you feel better very soon.  :)

Quoting noolsg:

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:37 AM

Good morning Annie!  I'm glad you were able to get some sleep even if it meant medicine.

So how much longer will the cat be there?  I don't like all that hair on stuff either.  lol  When my dogs were alive I'd vac every day.  lol  I loved them but didn't like all the hair they left.  lol

I hope it's a good day for you!!  :)

Quoting annie-durham:

Good morning ladies.

Well slept well last nigth but of course it was with some medical intervention.  I took half an ativan and conked out around 11:30 and slept right through til 7:30.  

We are milder today but still cloudy.  Temps mid 30's today an tomorrow.

I need to run to the drug store and buy some small plastic bottles to put my creams and stuff in for the plane.  I'm only taking carry on so I'm limited in liquids.  

I also need to get out some of my summer clothes from the basement, with the cat here will be hard.  I dont' want him lying all over everything or climbing into the suit case I'm already having a hard time dealing with the cat hair.  

This weekend my daughter, dil and I are going to a baby shower for dh's cousins daughter.  Its her first  baby and its a little boy.  Should be fun, 3 of my 4 grandchidlren are coming with us.  

Sunday I think we are going over to my son's house.  He bought some new light fixtures and needs hubbys help to install them.  We'll probably order pizza or something for dinner since his wife doesnt' cook. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)