Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD 2/6/18

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2018 at 9:15 AM
  • 9 Replies

What is the most important thing you learned when you were in your 30s that has affected how you are now?

by on Feb. 6, 2018 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
momof337
by Stephanie on Feb. 6, 2018 at 10:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Be comfortable in my own skin
Stay yourself
Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2018 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I fell deeply in love with my hubby after ten years of marriage!!!!
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 6, 2018 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't say in my 30's but saving but we always saved before that too.  

Come to Big Brothers Groupies if you want to chat about Big Brother Celebrity Edition Starting Feb 7.  Just a warning it is a spoiler group.  

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2018 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I learned to be independent.  I'd married when I was 20, divorced at 28, and remarried at 34, so in the intervening years, I learned how to take care of myself.  I had a good job, a nice little studio apartment.  I learned how to manage my money and take care of my car. (I already knew how to cook, clean, etc, thanks to Mom).  I did have some help & support - I began dating DH during that time, and my Mom, Dad & brother lived 30 minutes away, and we were a close family, but mostly, I was on my own.  Then, when DH & I were married, we bought our house, and a year later, our son was born.  I learned a lot about becoming organized, thrifty, patient, and very responsible.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 6:49 AM
1 mom liked this

How to be a good mom! Which does translate into my career as an activity director in long term care. Some of my residents just need some motherly love sometimes!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 7, 2018 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure it was any one thing.  I do feel that I finally "got it" as far as life, what's important, who I was and being ok with it etc....My 30's were the BEST.  If I could go back to an age it would be the beginning of my 30's.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel like my 30'a was kinda a blur. 3 kids, Scouts, Marching Band, IEPs, etc.... probably the most important thing I leared was to be organized and time management.
LEK19
by Group Admin on Feb. 7, 2018 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Know yourself and keep on keepin' on.

tinysmom160
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Figure out to not care what people think

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)