Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Wednesday?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2018 at 8:07 PM
  • 37 Replies

come tell us....

by on Feb. 6, 2018 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 6, 2018 at 8:07 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2018 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Wednesday's plans will depend on the weather here in northern NJ - we're supposed to get some snow.  If the weather isn't too terrible, I plan to get my hair cut, pick up a few groceries and go to my chorus rehearsal in the evening.  If the weather is bad, I won't be going out at all.  I have plenty of food & supplies, including milk and TP, lol, and a chicken I plan to roast for dinner, and I won't go out in the evening if the roads are still slippery or snow-covered.  I'll hunker down here and do my favorite snow day activities - cooking and watching old movies.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 7, 2018 at 3:40 AM

Good morning!  Didn't get up until 2.  OVN emails were interesting and I just now got started on my EMW. ugh!  Need to get up earlier so I have more 'me' time.  I know - I'm selfish that way. 

Yesterday was okay - work, parents.  Mom was acting a bit off baseline, walking more slowly/wobbly than usual.  Still, she ate her breakfast and lunch, drank plenty of water, took her meds and we shared a banana after lunch.  Dad called me after I got home and said he thinks it's time to put mom in a nursing home.  She could barely walk and he's freaking out. again.  He said he called around and found a home for $6200 a month.  I don't know what to do.  I'll go over a bit earlier than 10 a.m. so I can assess the situation. I know I can't be there 24/7, that's for sure.  Maybe I should have dad come live in my apartment then I could get my old bedroom back. ewww. lol. ugh.  whaaa.

anyhoo, that's about it.  They were forecasting snow yesterday for today but I don't see that in today's forecast so that's a good thing!

happy wednesday!

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Rain. So much rain and so loud it woke me up. Good thing too because my septic guy, who was to start replacing my entire system beginning today, emailed to say he’ll start tomorrow which means, I can go back to bed.

Coco has her usual class in Atlanta today, I have a bit of work to do later.

Have a day, stay warm, dry, etc.!
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this

And it's snowing!!!!! A lot!! All the schools in my area are closed and the snow is coming down!! Me, I still have to get to work, I think hubby will be driving me down the hill this morning. I may go in a little late, but I will make it!!

With all the snow, it means nothing going on in our community tonight, so I will come and snuggle up with the dogs!!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 7, 2018 at 7:04 AM

Good morning....I'm sorry your mom was acting a little off.  Maybe today will be better.  Your dad...hmm..I think you need to take his phone, check book and debit card / credit cards away!  LOL  Just kidding.  He just needs to calm down a little and I'm sure it's hard for him.  I think the more you're there with this new routine he'll settle down.  Poor guy!  Poor Ronna!!  LOL  Hope today is a good one.

Quoting suzeebloch:

Good morning!  Didn't get up until 2.  OVN emails were interesting and I just now got started on my EMW. ugh!  Need to get up earlier so I have more 'me' time.  I know - I'm selfish that way. 

Yesterday was okay - work, parents.  Mom was acting a bit off baseline, walking more slowly/wobbly than usual.  Still, she ate her breakfast and lunch, drank plenty of water, took her meds and we shared a banana after lunch.  Dad called me after I got home and said he thinks it's time to put mom in a nursing home.  She could barely walk and he's freaking out. again.  He said he called around and found a home for $6200 a month.  I don't know what to do.  I'll go over a bit earlier than 10 a.m. so I can assess the situation. I know I can't be there 24/7, that's for sure.  Maybe I should have dad come live in my apartment then I could get my old bedroom back. ewww. lol. ugh.  whaaa.

anyhoo, that's about it.  They were forecasting snow yesterday for today but I don't see that in today's forecast so that's a good thing!

happy wednesday!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 7, 2018 at 7:07 AM

Good morning....well, what a night.  My back was still not great but I thought / hoped it was getting better.  Went to bed early so I could rest it.  Woke up at 3 30 to go to the bathroom and that was it.  Terrible pain...on a scale of 1 to 10 it was about an 8.  Tried every position to lay there and it didn't work.  Got up took tylenol and went to the couch.  About 5 or 5 15 it got to where I could lay on the couch and dozed until the clock went off.  Ugh...gonna be a wonderful day.  I'm sipping coffee now and took 800 mg of ibuprofen.  Today is a longish day...not really an easy day and neither is tomorrow.  Again...wish me luck!!  LOL

We are supposed to get some rain this afternoon and turn colder.  Yuck on the cold!  LOL

Hope it's a good day everyone.  :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 7, 2018 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry your back is bothering you so much!  I'm thankful that somehow I seem to be avoiding aches and pains.  Would sleeping on a heating pad help?

I am with you on the yuck on the cold thing.  It's cold here as well but thankfully no precipitation.  Hurry up warm weather already!

hope your day goes smoothly!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning....well, what a night.  My back was still not great but I thought / hoped it was getting better.  Went to bed early so I could rest it.  Woke up at 3 30 to go to the bathroom and that was it.  Terrible pain...on a scale of 1 to 10 it was about an 8.  Tried every position to lay there and it didn't work.  Got up took tylenol and went to the couch.  About 5 or 5 15 it got to where I could lay on the couch and dozed until the clock went off.  Ugh...gonna be a wonderful day.  I'm sipping coffee now and took 800 mg of ibuprofen.  Today is a longish day...not really an easy day and neither is tomorrow.  Again...wish me luck!!  LOL

We are supposed to get some rain this afternoon and turn colder.  Yuck on the cold!  LOL

Hope it's a good day everyone.  :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Happy Wednesday!

It's snowing here in the D. Schools are still open! But the roads are pretty slick according to the news.

I'm staying in today and cleaning up the house. I was going to clean up yesterday but when I got home from lunch with my friend I was so sleepy! I actually napped for a couple hours. This was the 2nd time in a few days that I slept which is very usual for me. I'm so hard on myself when I dont accomplish anything in a day. I have to figure out how to stop that negative self dialogue.

A work friend is suppose to come for dinner tonight. I hope the roads are better later so she can still make it.
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 7:31 AM
You HAVE to take time for yourself! It's called self care and you can't help others if you don't take care of yourself!

Sounds like your mom just had a bad day and it freaked out your dad. I hope today is a better day.

Quoting suzeebloch:

happy wednesday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)