Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Wednesday?

Posted by   + Show Post

come tell us....

by on Feb. 6, 2018 at 8:07 PM
Replies (31-37):
annie-durham
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:46 PM

Wow those are some amazing deals.  I love a sale, love love love a sale. I've been  known to buy stuff I've got no use for becuase it was $.99

We never get deals like that here,  I'm hoping that when we go down to Buffalo in 2 weeks I'll find some good deals at Walmart.  

Quoting louannwilkins:

You're having a heat wave!!!  LMBO  I couldn't stand it if I had to deal with that too often!!  LOL

Did you find anything at wal mart?  I happened to find some great deals and didn't even go there to look!  lol  Mr M wanted to go have coffee and see his friends so we went and I was just going to walk around.  As I was walking I saw all these clearance signs and you wouldn't believe how many clothes in Breana's size were on sale and get this for ONE DOLLAR!!!!!  LOL  Seriously!  I bought her 8 pairs of pants, 1 dress, 1 jacket, 3 footless tights...thick ones....4 hoodies and 3 or 4 other shirts.  lol  I was SO amazed that they had it marked down THAT low.  I put it up for now.  I'm thinking Christmas and maybe a few things for when school starts back up after summer break.  Can you believe that though?????  lol  Oh and I also got one of those open "cardigan"....open sweater type thing. 

I hope you don't catch whatever Don has.  I'd have probably slept on the couch anyway!  Poor guy.  You and Anna be careful.

One more hard day and then it's flexeril time.  lol  I have some muscle relaxers but was afraid to take them since my last couple of days have been hard ones.  Next week it's a little easier.  Not much but at least a little.  lol

Take care and have a good evening.  :)

Quoting LEK19:

Good Morning, All!

It is above zero!!!! I checked this morning and it is 1! haha! I was going to drive over to Walmart later today so I hope it warms up some. 

I had a nice time catching up with friend over coffee yesterday. First time we got together since she got back from California. We chatted for almost two hours and she had to get back to help her daughter with sick kids.

Don is getting a head cold. Things are going around at his workplace. He was snoring so loud that I slept on the couch last night and half of the night before. This way my tossing and turning doesn't keep him up when he needs rest to fight whatever it is and I can hopefully get a bit more sleep myself!

Shopping at Walmart might be my exciting part of the day. Oh, Lord, say it isn't so!!! ha! Might as well make the most of my trip into that city next door and check out some re-sale stores. I haven't been finding much and was taking a break.

Hope you have a good Wednesday!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 7, 2018 at 7:55 PM

Your dinner sounds good!  AND...I'm so happy you had a day to do nothing!  You surely needed one.  It's so nice to have a nice day at home sometimes and just do whatever you feel like.  I hope you sleep good tonight!

I'm still reading the South of Broad book.  It was REAL slow for me starting out.  I wasn't sure I was even going to keep reading but it's getting better.  I hope to finish it up this week but we'll see.  :)

Quoting annie-durham:

Sso I didnt' do much of anything today, but I don't feel guilty not one bit.  I run around all the time so it was nice to just chill today and watch the snow fall.

I started a new book that got rave reviews and is even being made into a movie but its a bit slow starting.  My sister read it and loved it she was telling me about it in Key West so I'm going to stay with it.

I did get out and shovel the drivway before dh got home.  It was very cold though and my hands were frozen afterwards, even with gloves on. 

Making a shepards pie for dinner, need some comfort food. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 7, 2018 at 7:57 PM

I've never gone in wal mart and found SO many different types of clothes for only 1.00.  With what I got there will be enough to give her from me and my mom clothes wise.  I was thrilled!!

I laughed about the 99 cent thing because I KNOW for sure I've done the very same thing and will probably do it again before I die.  LMBO

Quoting annie-durham:

Wow those are some amazing deals.  I love a sale, love love love a sale. I've been  known to buy stuff I've got no use for becuase it was $.99

We never get deals like that here,  I'm hoping that when we go down to Buffalo in 2 weeks I'll find some good deals at Walmart.  

Quoting louannwilkins:

You're having a heat wave!!!  LMBO  I couldn't stand it if I had to deal with that too often!!  LOL

Did you find anything at wal mart?  I happened to find some great deals and didn't even go there to look!  lol  Mr M wanted to go have coffee and see his friends so we went and I was just going to walk around.  As I was walking I saw all these clearance signs and you wouldn't believe how many clothes in Breana's size were on sale and get this for ONE DOLLAR!!!!!  LOL  Seriously!  I bought her 8 pairs of pants, 1 dress, 1 jacket, 3 footless tights...thick ones....4 hoodies and 3 or 4 other shirts.  lol  I was SO amazed that they had it marked down THAT low.  I put it up for now.  I'm thinking Christmas and maybe a few things for when school starts back up after summer break.  Can you believe that though?????  lol  Oh and I also got one of those open "cardigan"....open sweater type thing. 

I hope you don't catch whatever Don has.  I'd have probably slept on the couch anyway!  Poor guy.  You and Anna be careful.

One more hard day and then it's flexeril time.  lol  I have some muscle relaxers but was afraid to take them since my last couple of days have been hard ones.  Next week it's a little easier.  Not much but at least a little.  lol

Quoting LEK19:

Good Morning, All!

It is above zero!!!! I checked this morning and it is 1! haha! I was going to drive over to Walmart later today so I hope it warms up some. 

I had a nice time catching up with friend over coffee yesterday. First time we got together since she got back from California. We chatted for almost two hours and she had to get back to help her daughter with sick kids.

Don is getting a head cold. Things are going around at his workplace. He was snoring so loud that I slept on the couch last night and half of the night before. This way my tossing and turning doesn't keep him up when he needs rest to fight whatever it is and I can hopefully get a bit more sleep myself!

Shopping at Walmart might be my exciting part of the day. Oh, Lord, say it isn't so!!! ha! Might as well make the most of my trip into that city next door and check out some re-sale stores. I haven't been finding much and was taking a break.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 7, 2018 at 7:59 PM

Yes, flexeril is a wonderful medication but they do knock me out and make me feel like I'm dragging the next morning for sure.  If my back is still bothering me I'll take one tomorrow evening / night since I don't have to be up early on Friday.  I do have one of those "bags" that you pop in the microwave.  I also have a heating pad but have been using the other thing since it's easier to shape it the way I want it. 

Quoting annie-durham:

I hurt my shoulder one time, we had a terrible storm go through one August that brought down a lot of trees.  My parents at the time were house sitting for my sister and I had driven over to take my mom to a dr appointment.  The huge circular driveway was covered in tree branches and I couldn't even drive down it.  So I started hauling the branches off the driveway.  I don't know what I did but that night I was in agony.  I went to the dr and she said I had damaged the rotator cuff and she prescribed Flexeril.  Boy those were good drugs.  I'd only take one at night as they knocked me right out, I certainly couldnt' function during the day if I took one.  

I hope after tomorrow you can relax and just chill all weekend long.  Try a heating pad or a hot bag in the microwave if you have one.  

Quoting louannwilkins:

Thank you Annie!  You're so sweet.  I think I am having spasms in my lower back and I do have muscle relaxers.  I was just afraid they'd make me too slow today.  I took 800 mg of ibuprofen and it's been helping.  Once I get tomorrow morning behind me I plan to take my flexeril.  That's what I have.  I wish we could buy something like what you're talking about.  That's really nice that you have that available.  I hope you've had a good day...at home where it's warm!  :)

Quoting annie-durham:

LouAnn so sorry about your back.  Your job is very physical so I'm not surprised it hurts.

Hubby used to get muscle spasms in his lower back.  He needed a hip replacement and because of the pain in his hip he walked with a different gait than normal and this threw off his back and caused it to spasm.  After his hip replacement it didn't happen anymore but I remember the terrible pain he'd be in.  

Can you get any muscle relaxers from your dr perhaps?  We have  a product here in Canada over the counter called Robax which is tylenol with a muscle relaxer in it but I know its not available in the US because we've looked.  

What about a heating pad or one of those bags you heat up in the microwave, my son's gf made me one and we both use it a lot.  I had one I bought at the store but it was leaking beans and stuff from tiny holes.  

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning....well, what a night.  My back was still not great but I thought / hoped it was getting better.  Went to bed early so I could rest it.  Woke up at 3 30 to go to the bathroom and that was it.  Terrible pain...on a scale of 1 to 10 it was about an 8.  Tried every position to lay there and it didn't work.  Got up took tylenol and went to the couch.  About 5 or 5 15 it got to where I could lay on the couch and dozed until the clock went off.  Ugh...gonna be a wonderful day.  I'm sipping coffee now and took 800 mg of ibuprofen.  Today is a longish day...not really an easy day and neither is tomorrow.  Again...wish me luck!!  LOL

We are supposed to get some rain this afternoon and turn colder.  Yuck on the cold!  LOL

Hope it's a good day everyone.  :)

LEK19
by Group Admin on Feb. 8, 2018 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Those are some great deals! I think the only non-food item was freezer bags. It was a quick run. I ended up getting a later start so I didn't walk around looking. The other day Don picked up some t-shirts for himself for only $1, too.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting LEK19:

Good Morning, All!

Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 8, 2018 at 9:58 AM

I think I am ok.  I fell backward on my butt into 4 inches of snow.  My hips are a little sore but other than that I am mobile.

Quoting louannwilkins:

I hope you're ok Nancy!!  That wouldn't be any fun to fall and hurt yourself and not worth it either.  Hugs to you.  Stay warm.  :)

Quoting Why123: It snowed. They put the school on a 2 hour delay but I decided not to go. I slipped while I was trying to get the snow off the car and decided I would like to live long enough to retire so I came back in the house. We'll see about tomorrow.

Goobergal
by Marian on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:03 AM
Ok that was yesterday. I woke up early and went to the Y to work out. After that Walmart for ice cream and post it’s as study aids. Then sams to pick up Goobs cake. It was her a birthday.

I did some reading in my study book. Finally after a week done with this chapter. Goob and I went to eat at T.G.I., my treat. Then home for cake and ice cream. I fell asleep shortly after
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)