Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Thursday?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 8:10 PM
  • 46 Replies
1 mom liked this

come tell us....

by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 7, 2018 at 8:10 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 9:12 PM
2 moms liked this

In the morning, I'm taking an older lady from our church choir out to run some errands.  She is disabled and can't drive anymore, so some of us from choir take turns taking her around for errands she can't do when using the "senior bus" (which goes to places like Walmart and the supermarket). We both have to go to the borough hall to pay our property taxes (I can pay our online but as long as I'm taking her, I'll write them a check.) In the afternoon, if I can, I'll get my hair cut - long overdue and I have two parties to attend this weekend. In the evening, there's choir practice at the church. Happy Thursday, everyone!

emmygirl31
by Angie on Feb. 7, 2018 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

6 month dentist check up.  Feb 8 is Dave's birthday and we are going to Benihana for dinner with my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter.

DONNAOPULENTO
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 1:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I need to go to Home Depot and get some post-n-piers, 4"x4"'s, 2"x6"'s and 2"x8"'s.  I traded my neighbours an alternator and lunch for their labour in slapping on my granddaughter's deck for her master bedroom.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 8, 2018 at 4:06 AM

Thursday already? yikes.

Running a bit late right now, so will keep this short!  (you're welcome!)

Yesterday was fine.  Mom was still not at her baseline although she did eat her breakfast, take her pills, eat lunch, etc.  Not sure what is going on.  The UTI test was negative.  I put in a call to her doctor and now of course waiting for a call back.

The nursing home dad had called the day before was not a Medicaid approved nursing home.  I put in a call to another home yesterday and had to leave a message.  Jeepers.  Having to leave freaking messages seems to be the norm these days.  Oh well.

Gotta get to work now.

Happy Thursday!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 6:26 AM

Looks like we will be clearing up from the snow storm yesterday! And I am headed into work. Gonna be a fun day for me. One of my residents and I are going to make a pot of soup for our soup buffet tomorrow. He is pretty excited. I am headed out to get the ingredients before I go into work, other than that I am continuing to try to keep up with my paperwork!

This evening, I might make another pot of soup to take in with me tomorrow and just hanging out at home with the dogs! I could get used to this hibernating in the winter thing!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 8, 2018 at 7:35 AM

Feb 10 was my dad's b day.  He would have been 77.  I hope you have a great time celebrating his b day!

Take care and have a good day!  :)

Quoting emmygirl31:

6 month dentist check up.  Feb 8 is Dave's birthday and we are going to Benihana for dinner with my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter.

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 7:36 AM

Good morning ladies, I'm really dragging my butt this morning.  Nodded off on the couch at 10:45 last night waching tv so went to bed and then of course can't sleep.  Still lying there at 2:45 then I finally fell asleep only to wake up every hour until 7 when I got up.  This is the about as bad as my insomnia gets and I hate it I'm always scared that it will stay like this.

I have to pick up my grandson from school today like every Thursday.  Before that I need to find something for dinner at the grocery store.  Might just get a deli chicken since I'll be home late.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 8, 2018 at 7:37 AM

Good morning....you don't have to keep this short.  Actually I like it when your post are long.  :)

So...do you think she could be a little dehydrated since the UTI test was ok?  OR..maybe her meds need adjusting again? You're following through trying to find a place for her then?  I know this all must be nerve wracking!!  I hope today is a good day for all of you!!  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Thursday already? yikes.

Running a bit late right now, so will keep this short!  (you're welcome!)

Yesterday was fine.  Mom was still not at her baseline although she did eat her breakfast, take her pills, eat lunch, etc.  Not sure what is going on.  The UTI test was negative.  I put in a call to her doctor and now of course waiting for a call back.

The nursing home dad had called the day before was not a Medicaid approved nursing home.  I put in a call to another home yesterday and had to leave a message.  Jeepers.  Having to leave freaking messages seems to be the norm these days.  Oh well.

Gotta get to work now.

Happy Thursday!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 8, 2018 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning....I'm SO happy I was able to sleep good last night!!  Finally my back didn't wake me up.  lol  I'm not going to push it today though.  I will also be taking ibuprofen today as well just to be on the safe side.

I have to go around the corner in a few min and then later on to Mr M's.  We had a little rain last night but it doesn't look like we had much.  I never heard it since I slept so hard.  I'm sure it was being super tired from not sleeping a couple of nights in a row.

I'm hoping for another boring day here.  LOL  Hope it's a good one for all of you! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)