Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Thursday?

Posted by   + Show Post

come tell us....

by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 8:10 PM
Replies (41-46):
LEK19
by Group Admin on Feb. 8, 2018 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Did you get all the sticky goop from the EKG washed off yet? I was still finding that stuff days afterwards.

You have trouble with getting blood drawn, too? I hate that! I don't know why sometimes it can be no problem at all but most of the time it is. 

Have fun at your cardio!

Quoting KittyGram:

This morning I had pre-op bloodwork and an EKG.  I didn't know an EKG, the test itself, takes only about 5 seconds!  The prep work takes about 2 minutes... it took them much longer to find a good vein for the blood draw than for the prep and EKG!

Tonight I have my cardio class.

KittyGram
by Becky on Feb. 8, 2018 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't found any sticky goop yet!  But I had plenty of it after the endoscopy a couple weeks ago, from the heart monitor, I guess.

Quoting LEK19:

Did you get all the sticky goop from the EKG washed off yet? I was still finding that stuff days afterwards.

You have trouble with getting blood drawn, too? I hate that! I don't know why sometimes it can be no problem at all but most of the time it is. 

Have fun at your cardio!

Quoting KittyGram:

This morning I had pre-op bloodwork and an EKG.  I didn't know an EKG, the test itself, takes only about 5 seconds!  The prep work takes about 2 minutes... it took them much longer to find a good vein for the blood draw than for the prep and EKG!

Tonight I have my cardio class.

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Feb. 8, 2018 at 3:33 PM
I have to say, Pensaid drops, didn’t do a thing for me but the Voltaren works wonders. Ask his doctor for a sample of each so he can try it before buying. My sister snagged some for me from her husband’s office when the drug rep came in and then I tested them out.

I had a craniotomy and c-1 laminectomy and my neck, especially in the winter months, stays in pain and I don’t like to take oral drugs since it runs through your whole system- liver, kidneys, etc. and the topicals do not. Having also used Lidoderm patches I was amazed how well the Voltaren works. Also, a TENS unit could help provide some relief and can now be bought without a prescription. I just replaced mine, with almost the exact model, with one from Amazon for $20 which was cheaper than what my insurance would have cost me.

Quoting suzeebloch:

I am making sure she is drinking plenty of water (plain water) while I'm there.  I'm only "following through" on calling nursing homes to appease my dad. 

Dad is worn out keeping an eye on mom 24/7.  He has back pain, his legs feel weak all the time, he tires very easily. 

I'm very disappointed that the pain doctor couldn't find a solution to dad's back pain.  Sorry, but he is NOT going to spend $2500 on an ointment (Pensaid) that may or may not help.  Even if it DID help, $2500 a month (Medicare will NOT cover it) is a LOT of money.  No, they can't prescribe a smaller amount.  I need to call that doctor again to see if there is another prescription ointment that is lesser strength - the pharmacist suggested Voltaren gel which is a similar preparation to the Pensaid but less strength.  Dad and I would definitely be willing to try Voltaren gel, but the last time I called to inquire, all they would suggest is over-the-counter lidoderm patches - which dad has already tried.  smh.

So again, I don't know.  IF Dad and I could switch places - he live at my apartment and I move in - that might work, but that really is not a realistic option right now.  

Last time mom saw her doctor, they made no changes in her meds.  That was in mid January, so I don't see that this is stemming from any medications.

PS:  It was short today since I was a bit late starting the FL group and didn't have time.  taking a quick break right now but heading back to FL group.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning....you don't have to keep this short.  Actually I like it when your post are long.  :)

So...do you think she could be a little dehydrated since the UTI test was ok?  OR..maybe her meds need adjusting again? You're following through trying to find a place for her then?  I know this all must be nerve wracking!!  I hope today is a good day for all of you!!  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Thursday already? yikes.

Running a bit late right now, so will keep this short!  (you're welcome!)

Yesterday was fine.  Mom was still not at her baseline although she did eat her breakfast, take her pills, eat lunch, etc.  Not sure what is going on.  The UTI test was negative.  I put in a call to her doctor and now of course waiting for a call back.

The nursing home dad had called the day before was not a Medicaid approved nursing home.  I put in a call to another home yesterday and had to leave a message.  Jeepers.  Having to leave freaking messages seems to be the norm these days.  Oh well.

Gotta get to work now.

Happy Thursday!

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

We got 7-8 inches of snow, flurries throughout the day today, and it was about 12 degrees this morning!

Quoting LEK19:

How much snow did you end up getting?

So far this winter, we have often had less than what they had predicted. I would rather have snow than this below zero stuff! It was -7 this morning!

Quoting darmomusaf:

Looks like we will be clearing up from the snow storm yesterday! And I am headed into work. Gonna be a fun day for me. One of my residents and I are going to make a pot of soup for our soup buffet tomorrow. He is pretty excited. I am headed out to get the ingredients before I go into work, other than that I am continuing to try to keep up with my paperwork!

This evening, I might make another pot of soup to take in with me tomorrow and just hanging out at home with the dogs! I could get used to this hibernating in the winter thing!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 8, 2018 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

LOVE those pics!!  Thanks for posting them!!

AND...woo hoo on the job.  Temp or not it's money!!  I think it's great.

Teen age years...yep, I remember them and all the boys lived through it so they knew what to do and what NOT to do and let me find it out.  LOL  I'm not too bad as long as you do what you're supposed to do and are up front.  I don't tolerate a lot of back talk / sass....whatever you want to call it.  lol  You'll get through it I know but I have to say I don't miss that part of parenting!!  LOL  Of course Breana is 8 so it will be coming from her I'm sure.  lol

Hope you have a good evening!

Quoting LEK19:

Good Morning, All!

Just staying home today and doing things around here that need to be done. The fun stuff like laundry and homeschooling. Anna is in that teen stage of exerting her independence which she can have if she earns it! She is now in the process of learning self-discipline with her tech stuff. Fun, fun, fun! She was never a huge gamer on systems like Nintendo. She would play for awhile and then move on to something else. Online activities are another story. After raising three others, I know we will get through this but it is still a PIA. The joys of parenting! All in all she is a pretty good kid! 

I will probably have a temporary job around April. A friend of mine will be out of town for about a month. They own a laundromat/carwash (besides a HVAC business). They have someone to manage the carwash but asked if I would like to open the laundromat in the a.m. and clean in the evening. It is a really nice laundromat and the one I use for comforters. It is only a couple miles down the road from here so that won't be a problem. It is only a couple hours a day but it will fit in our routine. Both Don and I have worked for them before and they pay well. We used to dog sit their chocolate lab when they were away. Don has done some remodeling and other work for them, too. Even a little extra cash is good!

Here are photos of the beach on Lake Huron. A bit different from the beach last August when we traveled to downstate Michigan!

Have a good Thursday!

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Good evening ladies.

So I went to pick up my grandson today and near about froze.  Temps were around 18 but colder with wind chill.  I have a down filled coat I wear all winter and its pretty warm but has no hood and I never wear a hat.

The corner of the school where we wait for the kindergarten kids is like a wind tunnel and all the snow was blowing off the building.  Stood there for 10 minutes before the kids came out, I was frozen, my hair was soaked and my feet were like ice.  I do have a ski jacket with a hood I may have to pull out for these days.

I think he might be coming down with something he was dragging his butt as he came out then didnt' talk at all on the way home which is highly unusual. When he got in he laid under a blanket on the couch and watched a movie on his ipad.  He finally got up about an hour later and ate an eggo for dinner.  Wouldnt' be surprised if I get a call from my son to say he's not feeling well.  

Supper was ready when I got home which was nice.  Just had a couple of glasses of wine and praying for a good nights sleep.  There are some olympic events on tonight at 8 I'm going to watch.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)