Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Go Fly A Kite!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 1:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

National Kite Flying Day - February 8

WHAT?!? Are they kidding? Who picked February for this day?!?

I guess I could go fly a kite but in below zero temps, I think not!

Don loves kites and always wants to buy more! I tell him he needs to go fly the ones he has before he gets any more!

Do you like kites?

by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 8, 2018 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I have never been able to get one to fly and it has been years since I tried.  Seems stupid for February.

KittyGram
by Becky on Feb. 8, 2018 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I've had a little success with some over the years.  It's fun when it works, but very frustrating when it doesn't.  

I should take Oliver out.... he'd love it.

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Feb. 8, 2018 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this
My Dad has quite the kite collection. When growing up we always spent a lot of time at the beach so we would always fly kites. Now that my parents live at the beach, he still flies his kites and I still buy him kites. I did recently see one that was a huge dragon and thought, Perfect!! So I’ll be getting that one for Father’s Day.
LEK19
by Group Admin on Feb. 8, 2018 at 3:54 PM

Don got Anna one of those dragon ones when she was little and had a Colors and Kites birthday theme. They look so cool!! This wasn't even as big as some get! 

Quoting smokeyjo: My Dad has quite the kite collection. When growing up we always spent a lot of time at the beach so we would always fly kites. Now that my parents live at the beach, he still flies his kites and I still buy him kites. I did recently see one that was a huge dragon and thought, Perfect!! So I’ll be getting that one for Father’s Day.

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to love kite flying, both as a kid, and while my son was young.  We flew kites often.  My grandson likes kites too & we'll fly one occasionally when I go there to visit - they live near the beach & in the off-season, flying a kite along the ocean is so much fun!

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Feb. 8, 2018 at 5:02 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Something like this is what I’m going to get. It’ll take a couple of us to fly the thing but it’ll be worth it.

Quoting LEK19:

Don got Anna one of those dragon ones when she was little and had a Colors and Kites birthday theme. They look so cool!! This wasn't even as big as some get! 

Quoting smokeyjo: My Dad has quite the kite collection. When growing up we always spent a lot of time at the beach so we would always fly kites. Now that my parents live at the beach, he still flies his kites and I still buy him kites. I did recently see one that was a huge dragon and thought, Perfect!! So I�ll be getting that one for Father�s Day.

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Feb. 8, 2018 at 5:04 PM
And, not quite that big. Storage must be taken into account as well. My sister has banned them from going into their attic so I need to consider that.

Quoting smokeyjo:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Something like this is what I’m going to get. It’ll take a couple of us to fly the thing but it’ll be worth it.

Quoting LEK19:

Quoting smokeyjo: My Dad has quite the kite collection. When growing up we always spent a lot of time at the beach so we would always fly kites. Now that my parents live at the beach, he still flies his kites and I still buy him kites. I did recently see one that was a huge dragon and thought, Perfect!! So I�ll be getting that one for Father�s Day.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 8, 2018 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I love to see them flying but haven't had any luck with them myself.  We have lots of kites around here at the beach and it's so pretty to see them out there.

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I love to see kites flying.  There is a real knack to getting them up and keeping them up.  

I certainly wouldn't be doing it in Feb in Ontario though. 

emmygirl31
by Angie on Feb. 8, 2018 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

all mine ended up in trees, so I gave up and have never done it as an adult

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)