Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 8:16 PM
  • 54 Replies

come tell us...

by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 8, 2018 at 8:17 PM

post is ready for tomorrow morning

emmygirl31
by Angie on Feb. 8, 2018 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

friday-bank and grocery shopping as well as taking angellina to school and picking her up

saturday-getting hair done then going with emma to book angellina's birthday party

sunday-dave is working, I am going to be hanging out with Emma and Angellina-dont know what they have planned for me.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 8, 2018 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Friday we are subbing for a trivia group.  Going with our neighbors

Saturday we will go to a muscle car show and they have food and vendors etc.  It is at the little local beach in our town.  

Sunday probably pool and beach time or we may find something else going on.  Down in FL there are festivals all the time and things to do.  

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:54 AM

Yay Friday! Didn't get up until just after 2 this morning but OVN emails are caught up and EMW is done.  I only had one sound file so I knew I could sleep in.

The last 2 days, I've been over at parents from 9 to 3.  I tell you what - time comes to a practical standstill when I'm there. 

Mom is doing 'better' - closer to her baseline.  I tackled another cabinet in the kitchen - where dad keeps his bags of potato chips and his tea bags.  Found a multitude of other old crap and more weevils.  SMH.  And dad is having a hard time appreciating me throwing stuff out, not the expired foods but some of the empty containers.  I threw out probably 6 empty Pringles cans, a few more empty 'christmas' tins.  I found at least 6 different unopened boxes of tea bags, about 4 boxes of microwave popcorn.  Dad forgets what he already has and buys more.  The tea I saved, but everything else got thrown out.

Mom has amassed quite the collection of stuffed animals over the years.  She and dad went to Alaska a couple of times and she bought stuffed brown bears, polar bears and eagles.  I found this green thingy she had crocheted - I have no clue what it is supposed to be for and of course she doesn't remember.  I put it on this really cute little polar bear the other day.  She is simply mesmerized with this little polar bear right now - will pet it, kiss it, talk to it.  I've heard many Alzheimer's patients seem to enjoy baby dolls - but I wasn't sure how mom would react to that so never got a baby doll for her - but I think I'm seeing this behavior with this little polar bear.  It's so cute!  And interesting to watch her interacting with it, too.

Her doctor returned my phone call, and put in orders for blood work.  So, I'll take mom to one of the closer clinics that are affiliated with KU and easier to get to than the main campus.  Once the blood work is done, I'll schedule an appointment for late February/early March.  We are going to start cutting back on some of the meds mom is taking, and the first one is her cholesterol med.  I keep forgetting to count how many pills mom takes daily.  I'll do that today.  It's insane, actually.

anyhoo, that's about it.  Getting ready to head over to the FL group soon and then parents.  and yay Friday!  I'm already concerned about the fact my brain KNOWS I don't have to start work until 7 tomorrow morning and how late it may convince me to sleep in.  I don't want to get up at 2 on the weekend but then again, I don't want to too much disparity between weekday and weekend hours!

OH WELL.  It is what it is.  Right?!

LOL.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Friday- laid around again yesterday after we got home from court. I made dinner and finished my book.

Today I have my evaluation for OT for my hand. We are in a winter storm so I'll have to take it slow and easy. I'm suppose to go to lunch with my niece but we are going to play it by ear.
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Today, it is off to work and our annual soup buffet! The residents and staff love it!! We have some families coming in to eat with their loved ones too! After work, I have to shop for things for a dinner tommorow at church, and then home to just relax.

Saturday, normal chores around the house in the morning and then DD and I are off to church to join a couple of other ladies to prepare our All Church Valentine's dinner. We are having chicken and biscuits, mashed potatoes, salad and strawberry sundaes for dessert. DD is in charge of the games and we will be decorating the tables also!

Sunday morning is church and then I hope for an afternoon of being lazy. I have caught a cold and will problably need to just rest to get through next week, since it will be very busy too!!!

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning ladies.

Today is my granddaughter Emily's 4th birthday.  I hate that she is getting older.  The day she was born it was snowing heavy all day too.  She is such a funny little girl, very different from her sister.  She didnt talk til she wasl almost 2 and we were getting worried, I mean she said NOTHING her sister Caroline would talk for her and say "emily wants a sippy cup" but the suddenly she started talking in full sentences and never stopped.  She definately has a mind of her own.

We have snow coming today, tomorrow and sunday, we'll be shoveling all weekend.  Tonight we are going over for pizza and cake for the birthday but her big party is next weekend with the inlaws too.  

I need to go to my mothers for a few hours this morning since my sister is working.  

Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:58 AM

Working today.  Since my car is not working I can only go as far as I can walk so probably not much over the weekend.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:06 AM

Good morning!  I LOVE that pic of your mom.  How sweet is that!! 

Maybe you should start going out a different door and tossing things away so he doesn't see how much.  Out of sight out of mind!  LOL  I'd be like you and continue to do it though.  It will be nice once some of the stuff there is weeded out.  More space and you will be able to see what you have etc...

Do you have a lap top or tablet you could take with you over there?  I was just thinking when you stop organizing and stuff like that you might want to get on the internet for a few min etc....If not you'll have that house in tip top shape soon!!  That might be a good thing though. lol

I hope it's a good day for you.  Glad the dr ordered the blood work.  :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Yay Friday! Didn't get up until just after 2 this morning but OVN emails are caught up and EMW is done.  I only had one sound file so I knew I could sleep in.

The last 2 days, I've been over at parents from 9 to 3.  I tell you what - time comes to a practical standstill when I'm there. 

Mom is doing 'better' - closer to her baseline.  I tackled another cabinet in the kitchen - where dad keeps his bags of potato chips and his tea bags.  Found a multitude of other old crap and more weevils.  SMH.  And dad is having a hard time appreciating me throwing stuff out, not the expired foods but some of the empty containers.  I threw out probably 6 empty Pringles cans, a few more empty 'christmas' tins.  I found at least 6 different unopened boxes of tea bags, about 4 boxes of microwave popcorn.  Dad forgets what he already has and buys more.  The tea I saved, but everything else got thrown out.

Mom has amassed quite the collection of stuffed animals over the years.  She and dad went to Alaska a couple of times and she bought stuffed brown bears, polar bears and eagles.  I found this green thingy she had crocheted - I have no clue what it is supposed to be for and of course she doesn't remember.  I put it on this really cute little polar bear the other day.  She is simply mesmerized with this little polar bear right now - will pet it, kiss it, talk to it.  I've heard many Alzheimer's patients seem to enjoy baby dolls - but I wasn't sure how mom would react to that so never got a baby doll for her - but I think I'm seeing this behavior with this little polar bear.  It's so cute!  And interesting to watch her interacting with it, too.

Her doctor returned my phone call, and put in orders for blood work.  So, I'll take mom to one of the closer clinics that are affiliated with KU and easier to get to than the main campus.  Once the blood work is done, I'll schedule an appointment for late February/early March.  We are going to start cutting back on some of the meds mom is taking, and the first one is her cholesterol med.  I keep forgetting to count how many pills mom takes daily.  I'll do that today.  It's insane, actually.

anyhoo, that's about it.  Getting ready to head over to the FL group soon and then parents.  and yay Friday!  I'm already concerned about the fact my brain KNOWS I don't have to start work until 7 tomorrow morning and how late it may convince me to sleep in.  I don't want to get up at 2 on the weekend but then again, I don't want to too much disparity between weekday and weekend hours!

OH WELL.  It is what it is.  Right?!

LOL.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I must have missed a post or something Nancy.  I'm sorry about your car!!!!  I knew it was not running not too long ago but was thinking your son got it going again.  Hugs to you!  Hope it will be up and running again.  SOON.  lol  :)

Quoting Why123:

Working today.  Since my car is not working I can only go as far as I can walk so probably not much over the weekend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)