Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing today....Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by   + Show Post

come tell us...

by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 8:16 PM
Replies (51-54):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Feb. 11, 2018 at 9:52 AM

Glad the temps are warm enough for just plain rain.  I get up before the sun does so I don't open my curtains when I get up - and then usually forget to open then while I'm working.  So it's always dark in here and I have no idea what it's doing outdoors.

Sorry (?) I have you on a roll - I haven't looked in any other closets over at parents since the last time I did.  But tomorrow is another day where I'll be there a good chunk of time.  Their linen closet is a total mess.  I do their laundry once a week so there is really no need for the 50 million towels of assorted sizes nor the half milion sets of sheets and pillowcases.  Don't anticipate needing to use any of the hundreds of cloth tablecloths, either.  I'll bag a bunch of those up and donate them.

I cleared out my closet a while back so it's still pretty neat and tidy.  I should go through again and purge the clothes I'm not wearing any longer.  Also need to go through my chest of drawers and do the same.  I have skinny jeans in there that I know I'll never fit into again so no need to keep them!

lol.

Hope you have a grand day!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning....sipping on coffee and laughing at the "weather".  I came into the kitchen earlier and it was so bright and sunny I didn't even turn on the light.  A few min later it's dark and now it's light again.  It doesn't know whether it wants to rain or be sunny.  lol  At least the temps aren't cold so if anything falls it will be rain.

Not planning on much today.  Ronna has me on a roll.  I went through my closet yesterday.  Not all of it but over half and I have a bag of clothes to donate and I tossed out a lot of stuff...organized some stuff...moved some stuff around.  I'm really happy that I've done some of this kind of thing the last couple of days!  I am trying to figure out HOW in the world I accumulate stuff????  I'm serious...there's only ME here!!!!!  LOL

More reading and tv watching after church.  I'm not going to SS again...just the sermon since we have so many sick people and I can't rely on them to stay home. 

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2018 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the prayers, they never hurt. 

My daughter was able to get an earlier flight and she just texted that she has arrived, her friend is picking her up at the airport and they are going directly to the ski resort.  The freezing rain is still an hour west of us and she is 4 hours east of me so she should make it there in lots of time to just relax.

Haven't heard anything from my son yet, I hope they don't leave it too late to drive the 4 hours back home and get stuck in it.  

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning....Ugh...I'd be stressing a bit too!!!  Hopefully everything will be just fine.  Sending up some prayers for their safe travels.

Hope it's a good day for you!  Hope you will hear something sooner rather than later so you don't have to have that nagging feeling in the back of your mind. 

Quoting annie-durham:

Up at em at 7am today.   Didn't want the dog to pee in the house so fed him breakfast and let him out.

Now watching the olympics again.  Womens moguls is on, I don't think its live though.  It could be its dark there anyway and I know its 9:25 at night.

I have 2 children travelling in this winter storm today so I'm a bit stressed.

My son is driving home 4 hours from Ottawa and right through the storm.  We have more snow today and freezing rain which is worse.

And my daughter is flying to Ottawa and meeting a friend to go skiing.  Her flight may leave late which means they could be driving to the ski resort in the dark.  Ottaw also is getting this nasty weather.  She is heading to the airport early and hoping for an earlier flight to make it out before the freezing rain starts.

Other than stressing I don't have much to do today.  I would like to do some grocery shopping but I'm not going out if the roads are bad.  

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 11, 2018 at 12:51 PM

I assume you mean HOW do you have me on a roll?  lol  I just mean that since you mentioned going through all that stuff the other day I've been doing some of the same the last few days.  So...because of you I started looking through my cabinets etc...So thanks Ronna!!  LOL  It's a good thing to do every now and then. 

Quoting suzeebloch:

Glad the temps are warm enough for just plain rain.  I get up before the sun does so I don't open my curtains when I get up - and then usually forget to open then while I'm working.  So it's always dark in here and I have no idea what it's doing outdoors.

Sorry (?) I have you on a roll - I haven't looked in any other closets over at parents since the last time I did.  But tomorrow is another day where I'll be there a good chunk of time.  Their linen closet is a total mess.  I do their laundry once a week so there is really no need for the 50 million towels of assorted sizes nor the half milion sets of sheets and pillowcases.  Don't anticipate needing to use any of the hundreds of cloth tablecloths, either.  I'll bag a bunch of those up and donate them.

I cleared out my closet a while back so it's still pretty neat and tidy.  I should go through again and purge the clothes I'm not wearing any longer.  Also need to go through my chest of drawers and do the same.  I have skinny jeans in there that I know I'll never fit into again so no need to keep them!

lol.

Hope you have a grand day!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good morning....sipping on coffee and laughing at the "weather".  I came into the kitchen earlier and it was so bright and sunny I didn't even turn on the light.  A few min later it's dark and now it's light again.  It doesn't know whether it wants to rain or be sunny.  lol  At least the temps aren't cold so if anything falls it will be rain.

Not planning on much today.  Ronna has me on a roll.  I went through my closet yesterday.  Not all of it but over half and I have a bag of clothes to donate and I tossed out a lot of stuff...organized some stuff...moved some stuff around.  I'm really happy that I've done some of this kind of thing the last couple of days!  I am trying to figure out HOW in the world I accumulate stuff????  I'm serious...there's only ME here!!!!!  LOL

More reading and tv watching after church.  I'm not going to SS again...just the sermon since we have so many sick people and I can't rely on them to stay home. 

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2018 at 8:14 PM

So just watching the olympic figure skating and relaxing a bit.  All my kids are where they are supposed to be now.  My daughter got an earlier flight, met up with her friend and is now relaxing in the hot tub at the hotel.

My son showed up around 4 to pick up the dog and they ended up staying for dinner.  He said the drive wasnt' that bad, roads were a bit slick but he's in a big truck so it was fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)