Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MY GRANDDAUGHTER EMILY SHE'S 4

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:20 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

Here's a few pictures of my granddaughter Emily.  This is my daughter Elizabeths youngest.  Today is her birthday and she is 4.

This child has certainly been a challenge to her parents, she has a mind of her own and refuses to conform and do what is expected.  These are admirable qualities in an adult not so admirable in a 3 or 4 year old.

Right now its clothes she is fighting about and her hair, pulls out the elastics and refuses to wear any barettes or hair bands.  She wants to change 4 times before leaving the house in the morning and with two busy parents trying to catch trains and get to work on time I know its been tough lately.  I just smile though because her mother (my daughter) was exactly the same. 

by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:51 PM

Happy Birthday Emily!  She's a living doll.

Foxilady
by Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:52 PM
Adorable ❤️
DONNAOPULENTO
by Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:01 PM

So sweet; grandchildren are blessings.

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:24 PM

She's so cute!!!

emmygirl31
by Angie on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:09 PM

Happy Birthday, little sweetie.  My granddaughter takes the elastics out too because she says she looks prettier with long hair like Rapunzel.  She will be 5 in April

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:26 PM

She's a strong-willed child.  I have one.  

tapestryweaver
by Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:30 PM

She is absolutely adorable!

KittyGram
by Becky on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:36 PM

Haha!  I love the "Joy" photo!!

Happy birthday to Emily!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:02 PM

Happy birthday Emily!!!!  She is beautiful!  Love the "joy" pic...poor baby girl!!!  LOL  One day her parents will look back and laugh.  I imagine right now they don't laugh too often.  lol 

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

No they don't laugh too often these days although we do.

She is so much like her mother its scary.  My daughter drove me nuts with the fits every day, she wanted cheerios, no she wanted rice krispies, no she wanted oatmeal, no she wanted toast.  I didn't have to get anywhere in the morning being a SAHM but it was still frustrating.  I cried many nights when my dh came home saying there is something wrong with that child.  

Emily probably went for a year where she refused to smile in pictures and even turned her head if she saw someone with a camera.  In that picture of her lying down on the floor it was at Christmas and taken completely unawares.  

Yes she is so funny and loving.  We went over tonight for dinner and cake and she was so excited to open her gifts and have us there, she told us all about the cupcakes at daycare for her birthday.  You'd never know she has a devil-side.  

Quoting louannwilkins:

Happy birthday Emily!!!!  She is beautiful!  Love the "joy" pic...poor baby girl!!!  LOL  One day her parents will look back and laugh.  I imagine right now they don't laugh too often.  lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)