Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

OMG! It's been snowing for over 12 hours with no signs of stopping!
by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:22 PM
Replies (21-29):
jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 11, 2018 at 11:33 AM

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting atlmom2:

I don't miss it.  It was 86 today.  DD was telling me they didn't get that much and she didn't understand why school's all cancelled.  

Quoting jabs54:

Beautiful!

I have a confession...my hubby had to drive 60 miles to and from work everyday.  He retired Feb 1st so I prayed that it would not snow much until February.   Sorry about that ;)

Uff, a couple months of 80's and 90's is enough for me!   I didnt think we got enough to cancel either.

We had a cool January here so the 80's are very welcome.  It has been near record heat the past few days.  I am sure it will cool back to the normal of mid to upper 70's.  

I'm so glad you are able to have a home in Florida.  Sounds like we are both were we want to be :)

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 11, 2018 at 11:56 AM

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting atlmom2:

I don't miss it.  It was 86 today.  DD was telling me they didn't get that much and she didn't understand why school's all cancelled.  

Quoting jabs54:

Beautiful!

I have a confession...my hubby had to drive 60 miles to and from work everyday.  He retired Feb 1st so I prayed that it would not snow much until February.   Sorry about that ;)

Uff, a couple months of 80's and 90's is enough for me!   I didnt think we got enough to cancel either.

We had a cool January here so the 80's are very welcome.  It has been near record heat the past few days.  I am sure it will cool back to the normal of mid to upper 70's.  

I'm so glad you are able to have a home in Florida.  Sounds like we are both were we want to be :)

Yes, dh won't like it he has to be in Indiana for April but at least then there shouldn't be any snow.  I think MIL is getting nervous.  She was talking to dh about some new procedure that will deaden the nerves but that is just a possible temporary "fix" to the issue.  It will not fix the knee.  Dh told her she can talk to the doctor but he would not consider it at her age.  She could do this a few times and then be a year or 2 older and then still need the knee replacement or it might not work and she would be another 6 months or more waiting to get her knee done.  

jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 15, 2018 at 8:08 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting jabs54:

Beautiful!

Yes, dh won't like it he has to be in Indiana for April but at least then there shouldn't be any snow.  I think MIL is getting nervous.  She was talking to dh about some new procedure that will deaden the nerves but that is just a possible temporary "fix" to the issue.  It will not fix the knee.  Dh told her she can talk to the doctor but he would not consider it at her age.  She could do this a few times and then be a year or 2 older and then still need the knee replacement or it might not work and she would be another 6 months or more waiting to get her knee done.  

I'm here to tell you it does NOT pay to wait.  The worse your knee is at surgery, the harder it is to rehab it back.   Does she have any experience with pain pills?  If they make her sick it will be hard.  But if she responds well to pain pills she should do fine.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 15, 2018 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting jabs54:

Beautiful!

I'm here to tell you it does NOT pay to wait.  The worse your knee is at surgery, the harder it is to rehab it back.   Does she have any experience with pain pills?  If they make her sick it will be hard.  But if she responds well to pain pills she should do fine.

She is fine.  She has had migraines before when she was younger and she has had hip replacment and a brain tumor removed.  She has had pain pills many times.  She has some pain pills now because her knee is so very bad.  

jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 18, 2018 at 12:16 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting jabs54:

Beautiful!

She is fine.  She has had migraines before when she was younger and she has had hip replacment and a brain tumor removed.  She has had pain pills many times.  She has some pain pills now because her knee is so very bad.  

I hope she knows knee replacement is worse than hip replacement.  But, like I said it just gets worse the more you wait.  Good luck to her.  Keep me posted.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 18, 2018 at 12:20 PM

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting jabs54:

Beautiful!

I hope she knows knee replacement is worse than hip replacement.  But, like I said it just gets worse the more you wait.  Good luck to her.  Keep me posted.

I will give you some updates after.  I know she is due or overdue for it.  I just hope the month dh is there is enough time for her to be there alone with some help from my sister in law taking her once a week to rehab after that.  That is the plan at this moment.  MIL was alone well with FIL who was zero help after 5 weeks after her hip replacement.  

debra-ruth
by on Feb. 19, 2018 at 12:05 AM

where you at? send it this way...we need it

tinysmom160
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 7:14 PM

Yea we have had that but now we are we getting rain and fog

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2018 at 6:43 AM
I'm in Detroit. 10 days after the huge snow and it's gone and we have 50degrees and raining..

Quoting debra-ruth:

where you at? send it this way...we need it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)