Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD 3/20/18

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2018 at 9:16 AM
  • 17 Replies

Today is the first day of spring.  It is hardly springlike here.  Have you noticed any signs of spring where you live?

by on Mar. 20, 2018 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 20, 2018 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Its summer in FL.  Will have a "cold" front later today.  That means 47 to 51 for lows the next 3 days and 70 to 72 for highs.  Then back to 65ish for lows and low to mid 80's for highs.  

KittyGram
by Becky on Mar. 20, 2018 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

It's pretty chilly here today, I think just 38 for a high.  I've heard more birds the past few days than before.  All of our snow is gone too!!

luvnature
by Suzie on Mar. 20, 2018 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't consider the first day of spring until March 21 (as it has always been since I was a child). So today to me is the last day of winter lol. 

Marinefranksmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Yesterday, I saw a crocus in my neighbor's yard. It began to look like our trees had new buds, but they're predicting another "bombogenesis" storm tomorrow, with a possibility of 18 inches of wet heavy, icy snow, which will surely kill our magnolia buds which happened last year if it doesn't take down power lines and trees, again! (It didn't happen here, yet, but many areas were without power for several days!)   :(  It's a gray, cloudy day here, and 32 degrees, in NJ meanwhile, not very springlike.  We've had one bombogenesis a week for the last month and it's getting depressing.  Easter Sunday is in a week and a half and I haven't put my "fur" coat away yet! But, I've had my first allergy attack of the season already.  Mother Nature is being very confusing.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes signs of spring are here. We have lots of trees budding and some flowers blooming.  AND...pollen is everywhere.  I've been having a sneeze fest for sure

annie-durham
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Its cold here but sunny.  we are mid 30's all week but no snow.

Havent' seen much growth on anything but yesterday dh was having major allergy issues, runny nose and eyes all day. 

Our local weather guy said the spring forecast was for warmer than normal temps and lower than normal precip.  Which I like the sounds of. 

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

No. No signs of it in the near future either. We're expecting another storm on Thursday. Boooooooo

kuntrylady56
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this

We actually have a lot of sighns for Spring for the last few weeks. Our grass is getting nice and green, daffodils have bloomed and trees and my rosebushes are getting new growth and budding out(no rosebuds yet). And we lots of robins again plus all our furry critters and birds are all acting twitterpated.lol

smokeyjo
by Jozie on Mar. 20, 2018 at 1:31 PM
2 moms liked this
It’s early spring here. My cherry tree is in full bloom, my roses are starting to leaf and get some tiny buds, the trees that leaf out early are doing so- they have red leaves and the green leafed trees are just beginning to come out and when it rains all the puddles are edged in pollen. A few days ago when I was working in the garden I noticed my tiger lilies are coming up. 😊
LEK19
by Group Admin on Mar. 20, 2018 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

We still have a lot of snow and still having cool weather. It will be awhile before we see those usual signs of spring!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)