Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Can't Believe She Said That!

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:33 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I was talking to my mom about my last visit down to my daughter's.  I was telling her that my granddaughters love me well enough and they say so from time to time.  But every time I walked past my grandson or he walked past me, he would hug me and tell me that he loves me. 

My mom point blank said, "I know that he loves you.  One day he will use that love against you."  

When I asked her what she meant, she said, "I mean just what I said, he knows that you love him and will do anything for him.  One day he will use that against you."

by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ziva65
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 2:52 AM
1 mom liked this
It’s funny. I think she is saying he may manipulate you with that at some point lol

Might be coming from a place of experience for her? Idk, possibly though :)
lucky2Beeme
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:22 AM

Odd of her to say.  Has she  had a bad experience with her own children or grandchildren ?

KittyGram
by Becky on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Ziva65: It’s funny. I think she is saying he may manipulate you with that at some point lol Might be coming from a place of experience for her? Idk, possibly though :)

I agree.  Although it's a very strange way to say it, I think this is probably what she meant.

My grandkids try to schmooze me because they know how much I love them.  They've always been very affectionate with me too.

Shadylady33
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:05 PM

Sadly, yes.  

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Odd of her to say.  Has she  had a bad experience with her own children or grandchildren ?

jabs54
by Jeanine on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a depressing thing to say to you.  I don't like to hear people talking about little kids and predicting negative behavior when they are adults. KWIM?

DONNAOPULENTO
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2018 at 4:19 AM

Enjoy all the hugs and loves your sweet little grandson extends; they are genuine gifts from him to you.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 17, 2018 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

That many not come true. Just depends on his personality. Maybe he dosent have a conniving bone in his body. 

EarlGrayHot
by on Apr. 18, 2018 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this

A totally inappropriate comment from your mom.

Mariagma3
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2018 at 3:58 PM

Quoting Shadylady33:

Sadly, yes.  

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

That is sad. It's also why she said that. Look on the bright side, he probably won't. That is very toxic of her to say to her adult daughter. 

Shadylady33
by Member on Apr. 18, 2018 at 6:28 PM

As much as I love my daughter, she did minipulate both of us.  I think she just wants me to be prepared.  I will continue to love all of my family, just with a tiny little shield hidden away. ;)

Quoting Mariagma3:

Quoting Shadylady33:

Sadly, yes.  

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

That is sad. It's also why she said that. Look on the bright side, he probably won't. That is very toxic of her to say to her adult daughter. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)