Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 year old daughter

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:04 PM
  • 21 Replies
We have all our phones together and my older two kids pay for theirs. She has been going over our data every month constantly and our bill has been an extra $100 a month because of it. We have been telling her to stop using her apps when she not on WiFi and she still does it. We found that it’s been her doing this. My husband finally shut something off on her phone through our company app and won’t tell her. He just tells her to use her stuff under WiFi. She keeps asking me to go up and find out what’s going on with her phone. I told her to just use her phone under WiFi also. How hard is that? She can not stay off it. I told him we need to take her off our plan and let her get her own and learn the hard way what happens when you don’t pay your bill. Why is it so hard for her to stay off her phone? Why is it so hard to ask for WiFi passwords when at friends? She just doesn’t care
by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LEK19
by Group Admin on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:12 PM
4 moms liked this

Let her learn through the consequences of her choices. They are the best teachers!

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:18 PM
3 moms liked this

At 20, is she working full time? Is she a student and working alot part time? Individual plans are pretty cheap, aren't they? Something she could easily afford? What if you were to get a family plan that was unlimited talk/text/data?

bluebunnybabe
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:45 PM
2 moms liked this
She’s 20, tell her to get her own plan. There are plenty of plans with unlimited data for around $50 a month.
smokeyjo
by Jozie on Apr. 16, 2018 at 2:27 PM
4 moms liked this
Young people are addicted to their phones these days is why she can’t stay off of it. Since she constantly goes over, I’d be having her get her own plan and pay for it; one high bill and she’ll learn to keep it under control and on WiFi. Besides, most places have free WiFi and she can always hop on WiFi when at friends’ homes.
Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Welcome tour corner of the cafe!!!!

And I side with you mammamax!!!!
annie-durham
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Does she work, or go to school.  I'd be telling her to get her own plan for sure.

When my youngest was a teen (late '90s) cell phones were just coming out and he got a part time job at 15 at a burger place and bought his own pay as you go.  When he had money he loaded minutes on when he didnt' it sat there dead.  If she is consistently going over its time she paid for it herself.  

jabs54
by Jeanine on Apr. 16, 2018 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you on everything EXCEPT that you need to tell her exactly why she can't go on the internet anymore.  She needs to know that when you tell her not to so something she will have consequences if she does.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 7:41 PM
2 moms liked this

If your daughter is working, she should be helping to pay that bill! And you should tell her why,

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 16, 2018 at 7:50 PM
2 moms liked this

She needs to do what is asked of her and since she doesn't seem willing I would cut the phone off and I guarantee you she will know you mean business the next time you tell her something.

Mommamax3
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
We have unlimited text and calling just not unlimited data. We go no where close to our data plan (she is the only who goes over) she does work and it’s part time. 30 hrs at most. She trying to find another job. She does a great job and always thoughtful other then this darn phone. It is quite pricey for individual plan. I told her another month she goes over she’s on her own. We can’t afford what she does.

Quoting EireLass:

At 20, is she working full time? Is she a student and working alot part time? Individual plans are pretty cheap, aren't they? Something she could easily afford? What if you were to get a family plan that was unlimited talk/text/data?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)