Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

HELP PLEASE

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 7:57 AM
  • 11 Replies

MY SLEEPING PATTERN IS ALL GOOFED UP AGAIN. I AM UP TILL WEE MORNING HOURS AND THEN I WANT TO SLEEP TILL 2 OR 3 IN THE AFTERNOON...

IT IS LIKE I AM A BABY WITH MY DAYS AND NIGHTS TURNED AROUND.

ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO GET A NORMAL SLEEPING PATTERN BACK?

I AM NOT YELLING MY FRIENDS, I AM ONE THAT PREFERS TO USE CAPS.
DOVE

MOMS OF GROWN CHILDREN

You can always find this group with the following URL:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/MOMSOFGROWNCHILDREN

by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandra1289
by on Aug. 25, 2008 at 10:44 PM

Hey Dove,It's your friend Sandra,sorry been offline for awhile.You need to figure out what is causing this pattern,before you can fix it.Think about what was going on with you emotionally or physically,when it started..then we can work from there.If you cant think of anything,then it is hard to say,I would in general say to get some type of natural remedy for sleep,I once used some stuff I bought at one of those natural shops that had melatonin or something like that in it,and it work...I'm not sure if that was the ingredient or not,but you also can ask a pharmacist what is a natural medication to help,they usually know.hope I helped some! Good luck!Sandra!

DOVE5397
by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 4:11 AM

HELLO SWEET FRIEND AND THANKS.

Quoting sandra1289:

Hey Dove,It's your friend Sandra,sorry been offline for awhile.You need to figure out what is causing this pattern,before you can fix it.Think about what was going on with you emotionally or physically,when it started..then we can work from there.If you cant think of anything,then it is hard to say,I would in general say to get some type of natural remedy for sleep,I once used some stuff I bought at one of those natural shops that had melatonin or something like that in it,and it work...I'm not sure if that was the ingredient or not,but you also can ask a pharmacist what is a natural medication to help,they usually know.hope I helped some! Good luck!Sandra!

DOVE

MOMS OF GROWN CHILDREN

justjoyce777
by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 2:47 PM

One thing that helps me is taking sublingual B12 (Trader Joe's has a good one that dissolves well) at night about 15 minutes before I go to bed. I also have tried to do all the things they recommend to change the bedroom to a sleeping place....take out the tv, turn the lights on low or use a bedside lamp, so that the lights aren't so bright before going to bed. Try not to expose yourself to real bright light within an hour of bedtime.  We have a hot tub and that also helps to relax. If you drink anything with caffiene, possibly cut that out of your diet from about 1pm on. Maybe check online with Mayo clinic or one of those sites. They will probably have some great ideas. I hope you are able to find a better nights sleep and have your daytime for fun. ^,^

DOVE5397
by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 7:51 PM

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.

DOVE

MOMS OF GROWN CHILDREN

vycki9hse
by on Sep. 23, 2008 at 5:06 PM

Hi Friend~! How are your sleeping patterns now? Hopefully you are getting some rest~!!!

lckling
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 10:40 PM

I got my sleep straightened out by taking over the counter sleep aid.  After talking to my family doctor, she recommended going to bed at the same time (say 10PM).  Then she also wrote me a prescription for zolpedem (generic ambien).  Lindsay

Mrs_Oz
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 12:50 AM

My biggy was that I was taking my decongestant too late in the day....

When you can't see His hand; Trust His heart....

DOVE5397
by on Nov. 9, 2008 at 2:33 AM

MY SLEEPING PATTERN IS DOING BETTER.. KNOCK ON WOOD. BECOMING SICKER WITH MY PANCREAS AND BREAKING MY LEG HAS CHANGED MY SLEEPING PATTERN FOR BETTER.

DOVE

MOMS OF GROWN CHILDREN

dapinkiiee
by on Nov. 10, 2008 at 9:39 AM

Quoting DOVE5397:

MY SLEEPING PATTERN IS DOING BETTER.. KNOCK ON WOOD. BECOMING SICKER WITH MY PANCREAS AND BREAKING MY LEG HAS CHANGED MY SLEEPING PATTERN FOR BETTER.

I can relate to the broken leg thing, I just got my boot off from my broken ankle.  What a pain - both literally and emotionally.

hugs,

DOVE5397
by on Nov. 17, 2008 at 5:28 AM

HOW ARE YOU NOW THAT IT HAS BEEN TAKEN OFF?

DOVE

MOMS OF GROWN CHILDREN

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN