Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Welcome to 40ish and beyond ...... Guest please sign in and let us know what you think!

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to 40ish and beyond. This group is design for woman who are between 35 and up. We offer advice on Menopause and dating after a divorce, Sex and being a grandparent and even being a new  parent at 40ish. We have a sisterhood that is everlasting and we have a good ole' time.

We have several forums and most will fit the needs of a woman of 40ish and beyond. The Let's Talk is the only open forum that 40ish has. We have great conversation and welcome all to come in and see what 40ish is all about. The General Forum is our main forum, this is where they can go in and talk about what they want. Taboo Topics is a great forum for information and support on "the change of life" and questions on having a hysterectomy. You can also talk freely about sex before and after menopause and how sex will affect you after the change and even after you have a hysterectomy. Prayer/Spiritual forum is for ALL Religions and we love different inputs on what you believe in. 

We are not a perfect group but we are a loving group who sticks together and our motto" we have the right to agree to disagree" and we exercise this motto. We dont bash another sister but we will offer our opinion.

If you like what you see join us www.cafemom.com/group/7446 we have an application process that we ask you to fill out, if you don't join you can't explore the other forums and join in our conversations.

We hope you will stay awhile and Welcome to the 40ish family. ~~

by on Dec. 26, 2009 at 9:20 AM
Replies (1351-1360):
Bratt1
by Lisa New Sister on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:49 AM
3 moms liked this

Hello everyone!.  My name is Lisa and I am new here. I signed up a few years ago but ended up getting busy and never finding time to post.  Now I have time to sit and relax... as much as my grandchildren will allow anyway.  I am going to be 50 in May.  I amk in the process of a divorce from a 10 yr marriage.  I am going to be re-marrying Aug 10 of this year.  When my marriage dissolved, I relocated to Iowa where my daughter lives and I live across town from her and my beautiful grandkids.  I have ddicated my life to enjoying the second half of it and spending as much time with the kids as possible.  I make jewelry and build and maintain websites for a career.  I love creating things. I am looking forward to meeting you all and forming many new friendships.

BL2010
by Snookims on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Hi and welcome Lisa. Hope to see you jumping in on any post or starting your own, but above all, have fun!

Congratulations on the upcoming marriage!

Quoting Bratt1:

Hello everyone!.  My name is Lisa and I am new here. I signed up a few years ago but ended up getting busy and never finding time to post.  Now I have time to sit and relax... as much as my grandchildren will allow anyway.  I am going to be 50 in May.  I amk in the process of a divorce from a 10 yr marriage.  I am going to be re-marrying Aug 10 of this year.  When my marriage dissolved, I relocated to Iowa where my daughter lives and I live across town from her and my beautiful grandkids.  I have ddicated my life to enjoying the second half of it and spending as much time with the kids as possible.  I make jewelry and build and maintain websites for a career.  I love creating things. I am looking forward to meeting you all and forming many new friendships.

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Thanks and understood
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OldnWiseMom
by Sister on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Quoting BL2010:

Hi and welcome Lisa. Hope to see you jumping in on any post or starting your own, but above all, have fun!

Congratulations on the upcoming marriage!

Quoting Bratt1:

Welcome, Lisa!  And congratulations on your emgagement!

Hugs and Prayers,

OldnWiseMom
by Sister on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Quoting gonecrazi:

Thanks and understood

WELCOME to the Group!  Looking forward to getting to know you!

Leisa2
by New sister on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Well, this seems like a place I would fit well.  I am a new Grandmother and am raising a 17 year old autistic son.  He is an Uncle and doesn't understand but that is par for the course.  I hope I can learn something new about myself this year and become of more value to society.  I hope I can help in some way and be helped as well.  I believe this year will be full of many great things yet to come.  I look forward to developing great relationships with open arms.

Very respectfully,

Leisa

Leisa2
by New sister on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Ok this is a new year and time for changes.  I am greatful for finding this site and hope to develop great relationships.

Sincerely,

Leisa

BL2010
by Snookims on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Hi and welcome Leisa.

Quoting Leisa2:

Ok this is a new year and time for changes.  I am greatful for finding this site and hope to develop great relationships.

Sincerely,

Leisa

shawneepaints
by New sister on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

in loveHello Everyone!  I have been on Cafe Mom for several years but quit checking in due to personal Busy-ness and too many losses over the past few years.  Hope to connect with some new ladies and forge new friendships.  It does get lonely.  I'm 47, not ashamed of the numbers---just wish the body wouldn't take it so hard!  Married 28 years, two grown children, and three furry children.  I do believe in God but do not push my beliefs on other people.  We all have a right to decide for ourselves, and there's no point in faking it.  Hope you all have a great 2013.

gma_46
by Sister on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Hi, Lisa!

I am new, also, will be 49 in Sept! (how time flies!). I also was a member when this first started, but Facebook got most of my attention! LOL

Welcome, and I wish you the best in the second half of life's journey!!!

~Beckyshake hand

Quoting Bratt1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)