Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Welcome to 40ish and beyond ...... Guest please sign in and let us know what you think!

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to 40ish and beyond. This group is design for woman who are between 35 and up. We offer advice on Menopause and dating after a divorce, Sex and being a grandparent and even being a new  parent at 40ish. We have a sisterhood that is everlasting and we have a good ole' time.

We have several forums and most will fit the needs of a woman of 40ish and beyond. The Let's Talk is the only open forum that 40ish has. We have great conversation and welcome all to come in and see what 40ish is all about. The General Forum is our main forum, this is where they can go in and talk about what they want. Taboo Topics is a great forum for information and support on "the change of life" and questions on having a hysterectomy. You can also talk freely about sex before and after menopause and how sex will affect you after the change and even after you have a hysterectomy. Prayer/Spiritual forum is for ALL Religions and we love different inputs on what you believe in. 

We are not a perfect group but we are a loving group who sticks together and our motto" we have the right to agree to disagree" and we exercise this motto. We dont bash another sister but we will offer our opinion.

If you like what you see join us www.cafemom.com/group/7446 we have an application process that we ask you to fill out, if you don't join you can't explore the other forums and join in our conversations.

We hope you will stay awhile and Welcome to the 40ish family. ~~

by on Dec. 26, 2009 at 9:20 AM
Replies (21-30):
pamnjim
by Sister on Mar. 15, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Hi I joined a week or two and havent got around to do this, so here goes. My name is Pam and I am married to a wonderful man. I have 4 children and he has 1 plus he adopted 2 of my children. I am a SAHGrandmother of 2. we Have temp. Custody of them. We love family time. I have 4 grandbabies all girls. He is a self employed Contractor/ repair houses. But not ours lol, never has time for our house works all the time..Love to read cross stitch, we have a farm small. Thats my life in short. thank you for your time..  bow down 

MomsTaxiAndATM
by 40ish Angel on Mar. 15, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Hi ladies!! I am Dianna I am 44 years "young" the mother of 3 bio daughters, 14, 17 and 24..... I am a "Nana" :-)  and a s/mom to a 13 y/o dd and 20 y/o son. I work full time as an office manager for my husbands plumbing company.......... though I would rather be home reading, writing, cooking and gardening! (lol) ......... Welcome to 40ish & Beyond!!! So happy to have you all with us!!

Quigs
by Sister on Mar. 16, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Hi - I'm Quigs, a Newbie here.  Just turned 40 yesterday.  Looking for people close to my age.  I seem to meet a lot of younger mothers - and they kinda turn to me for advice which is fine, but sometimes I just need a break!  Sometimes I just want to talk with someone who is in a similar position in life.

I love to laugh.  And I do so a lot.  Mostly at myself - and because of that, I feel free to laugh at/with others (not finger pointing "what a dork" kind of laughing).  I tend to be pretty sarcastic, especially if my comments are off the cuff.

I have 3 kids - the oldest will hit double digits in late August and the youngest will be 1 in early April.  (He was a surprise!)

I would never intentionally hurt anyone - so should I say something that bothers people, I hope they will call me on it.  Could be my wording is just bad, could be what I meant is not what you got out of it.  But I'd rather explain than hurt people.

I guess that's all for now.  TTYL!

TRUE68
by New sister on Mar. 16, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Hi I finally got around to this. Im married (2nd time) to a wonderful man. well i have 1 bio child (19) and 3 -step kids. and I'll tell you blending families has been the hardest thing for me. maybe i'm just a whimp. I'm 41 and of course always watching my weight...but i love communicating with people in my age group and reading and writing poetry! Im excited to get to know everyone! blowing kisses

WildThang69
by on Mar. 16, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Hi all, my name is Marie, I am 41 yrs old and have only one beautiful daughter, Britt who is 21. I have been divorced now for 16 yrs, from an asshole and I am loving every minute of it. Being a single mom is great, my dd and I are so close and have a very special bond. I work full time as a manager in a store and love it.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and become a part of this great group. Thank you for accepting me. {{Hugs}}

Cre8tivJannie
by New sister on Mar. 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Hi,

I guess this must be the area I introduce myself. I'm Janet, nickname Jannie. I live in the Pacific NW, WA State. I'm married to a great guy,going on 32 yrs! We have three interesting and fun adult children and six fantastic grandchildren. I'll be turning the big 50 in June, but I'm totally fine with it b/c the alternative sucks!

I enjoy a lot of hobbies and interests so I always try to be doing something every day to be active with so I don't just sit and worry about things. I like to be positive and have positive people around me. I don't like drama. I'm looking forward to being involved in this group, thank you for accepting me and I hope to make some nice online friendships through this group.

Wishing everyone a happy sun-filled springtime!

Janet (Jannie)

Cre8tivJannie
by New sister on Mar. 19, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Quoting southernstarr:

I dont sweat stuff anymore and have a real feeling of total contentment w/my life now so yeah being 40 has some greatness too those years ! also laughter helps alot in life !

Hi,

I totally agree on the contentment w/life after 40. And, definitely laughter does help BIGTIME!!

Have a great weekend!

Jannie

plclemo
by on Mar. 20, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Thanks for accepting me into the group.  I'm Paula, a 49yo (will be 50 in less than a month) mom to  a 12yo DD.  She was a blessing and a surprise.  She's our only one as after having an adrenal gland removed in 2001, I went into premature menopause.  We are BLESSED to have her! My DH and I will celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary this summer.  Looking forward to chatting with you all!

lillyskids
by Sister on Mar. 21, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Hi I've just joined the group today.I'm 45 will be 46 in July I'm married I have 4 kids ages 28,26,15 and 10 I have 5 grand kids.I'm a stay at home mom.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 21, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Welcome all to the 40ish family..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN