Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Welcome to 40ish and beyond ...... Guest please sign in and let us know what you think!

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to 40ish and beyond. This group is design for woman who are between 35 and up. We offer advice on Menopause and dating after a divorce, Sex and being a grandparent and even being a new  parent at 40ish. We have a sisterhood that is everlasting and we have a good ole' time.

We have several forums and most will fit the needs of a woman of 40ish and beyond. The Let's Talk is the only open forum that 40ish has. We have great conversation and welcome all to come in and see what 40ish is all about. The General Forum is our main forum, this is where they can go in and talk about what they want. Taboo Topics is a great forum for information and support on "the change of life" and questions on having a hysterectomy. You can also talk freely about sex before and after menopause and how sex will affect you after the change and even after you have a hysterectomy. Prayer/Spiritual forum is for ALL Religions and we love different inputs on what you believe in. 

We are not a perfect group but we are a loving group who sticks together and our motto" we have the right to agree to disagree" and we exercise this motto. We dont bash another sister but we will offer our opinion.

If you like what you see join us www.cafemom.com/group/7446 we have an application process that we ask you to fill out, if you don't join you can't explore the other forums and join in our conversations.

We hope you will stay awhile and Welcome to the 40ish family. ~~

by on Dec. 26, 2009 at 9:20 AM
Replies (41-50):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Quoting suzi960:

hello melinda  first of   i want to say that im so sorry for the loss of your son (((HUGS)))... welcome to the group,  we have a wonderful group of ladies here!!!  suz

Quoting mxmomma05:

Well, here goes, My name is Melinda and I'm 43 years old TODAY. Yes really, It's not an April Fool's Joke. Ha! Anyway, I have 5 beautiful children, one of which I just lost in Dec of this last year. He was 17 and died of an accidental gunshot wound while hunting. Wesley and I we're as close as mother and son could be ans life has been more than difficult recently. But I have my precious 4 left on this earth to keep me going, just one left at home and she definately keeps me busy.:0) I am exited to be in a group with ladies my own age, I'm passionate about everything I love and am looking forward to getting to know you all. I've lived a very full life so ask me anything, I'll be glad to share...Melinda 

Happy Birthday!! Welcome to the 40ish family.. I am sorry for your loss.. I hope when you need us you will lean on us..

Make your dreams come true just by following them!!  ~~ I do have fibromyalgia and RA But it will NEVER have me!" ~~ Come have some fun with the ladies in 40ish and beyond, www.cafemom.com/group/7446

tinab37
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 8:38 AM

Hi! I'm new to the group, and am glad to have found a group of women my age. I am 40 years old, married almost 20 years, have one son who will be 17 next month. In Dec. I found out I had Cervical Cancer, so Jan. 25th I had a Radical Hysterectomy, they took it all, I am feeling pretty good and am Cancer free. Look forward to meeting new friends :)

Sal_is_sassy
by New sister on Apr. 9, 2010 at 12:46 PM

As instructed, I'm "Signing In".  I'm Sally.  43 yo mom and wife.  Looking for others with same interests, similiar experiences, and sometimes life advice.  So what are my interests?  Well, I read, and wish to write a book.  Have started several and have files on things "in the works".  Experiences? Well, I have a daughter 15 and a son 10.  Need I say more.  My husband is service connected disabled from the army and his injury is a SCI.  Not fun for any of us.  He also was diagnosed with carcinoid cancer 2 years ago.  Basically I'm the caregiver.  I am in  some caregiver groups and cancer groups, but there is more to life than caregiving, and I don't like to be defined by that.  I'm looking to branch out... in several ways.  Those can be discussed as time goes.  And as far as life advice?  Well, I'm great at giving it I'm told.  Auugggghhh.... but sometimes I need it.  Especially when it comes to men and sex.  If this isn't the correct place for that, just let me know..and I'll keep that on the very down low.  Glad to be here, and hopefully this is fullfilling in some way for me.

lich663
by on Apr. 11, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Hi from Maine!  I just joined today. I"m 46, married, mom to 2 grown girls and a 2 1/2 year old granddaughter plus grown stepkids in florida and 2 more grandchildren there.

My name is Lisa by the way. :)

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Apr. 12, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Welcome all to the 40ish family!!

AskTracy
by on Apr. 13, 2010 at 12:07 AM

I am SO there!  Sign me up!

mimilinda
by Sister on Apr. 20, 2010 at 6:59 AM

Hi!  My name is Linda , I am 52 yrs old will be 53 in Sept....I have been married for 32 years to my husband David. We have two beautiful daughters Jessica 30 and Kayla 27. Three wonderful g'babies Maclain 12, Kyah 7, and Eden Blaire 9 months. One more little baby girl due in September.  I've lived in Ms. the last 35 years.  My father was in the Air Force so.. I have traveledto many different places....Never thought I could stay in one place more than a few years. I am interest in finding friends, and some adult conversation.  I've been keeping my youngest g'daughter Eden while her mother works....So, I am kinda out of the loop with adult conversation.  Hoping to find that here....Thanks everyone for letting me join this site...happy

jadarain2
by New sister on Apr. 23, 2010 at 9:28 PM

you say you are not a perfect group but a loving one, well I am by far not a perfect woman,mom,or wife, but I am a very loving one!!! I think  we belong together!!

would love to be a member of this group!!!pink ribbon

Boop65
by Sister on Apr. 27, 2010 at 11:28 AM

I'm Cassi, new to Cafe Mom, will be 46 in July and have a Kindergartener and a 6th grader.  Married for 13 1/2 years and love to read, garden and scrapbook.

suzi960
by on Apr. 27, 2010 at 12:11 PM

welcome all!!!!  hey boop luv the name......lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)