Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

What kind of music did you listen to?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 10:47 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • 468 Total Views

I love the music of the 70's. What group did you like?

I loved ABBA and Bee Gee's and Bread

Happy New Years!!  40ish and beyond has a open house forum, Come join us! www.cafemom.com/group/7446

happy new year 2010

by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandie66
by Silver sister on Jan. 6, 2010 at 10:58 AM

I listened to them too, but I listened to Meatloaf, Tom Petty, Blue Oyster Cult, AC/DC, Devo, Foreigner, John Denver & Neil Diamond (mom and pop's influence there, but love them!!!!), GOD, I could go on and on. I listen to any rock from the 60s right onto today's music. I tolerate country and will not listen to rap unless it is rock/rap (Kid Rock, Beastie Boys, Linkin Park, etc.). I trained my son, he's 16. I am trying to train my daughter (6), but I can't get her past Hannah and the Jonas Brothers right now. But she is going to her first Nickelback concert in April. I can at least say as far as rock that is her favorite band!!!! 

cjcharlie1959
by Dungeon Queen on Jan. 6, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Hard and soft ROCK N ROLL!!! Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith along with all the others that was mentioned. 

sandie66
by Silver sister on Jan. 6, 2010 at 2:09 PM

I'm getting old. Can't believe I didn't list Led Zepplin and Aerosmith (they are in my top 3 faves) by name. I just threw them in the etc!!!!

Quoting cjcharlie1959:

Hard and soft ROCK N ROLL!!! Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith along with all the others that was mentioned. 

becky64
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 2:38 PM

KC and the sunshine Band---Foriegner---- Bee Gees

Feffy
by Sister on Jan. 10, 2010 at 9:03 PM

I love all of the 70's and 80's including Barry White, Earth Wind and Fire and of course---my man---the dearly departed Michael Jackson.

karina-27
by New sister on Jan. 11, 2010 at 11:51 AM

I love them all too.  Rock and Motown were/are my favorite. 

Aerosmith, Elton John, Foreigner, Tom Petty, Stevie Nicks, Bad Company, James Taylor, Bread, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Looking Glass (Brandy, "Your a Fine Girl"), Don McLean ("American Pie"), Al Green, Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross, Roberta Flack, Jim Croce, Paul McCartney & Wings,  The Guess Who, Earth Wind & Fire, The Eagles, The Bee Gees, Donna Summer, The Commodores, John Travolta & Olivia Newton John ("Your the One That I Want").....

I could go on and on.  70's music was the BEST.  I still listen to it on the radio.

momoftwins240
by Bronze sister on Jan. 11, 2010 at 4:05 PM

I still listen to all those groups you mentioned plus all the other big 70's & 80's groups like Journey, Styx, REO Speedwagon, 38 Special, Boston, Chicago, etc...

I really have a very eclectic taste in music.  I like everything from Big Band to 50's, to Rock to Pop, and Country as well. 

Harleywolf
by Sister on Jan. 12, 2010 at 7:59 AM

I listen to a little bit of everything except classical. I listen to Bluegrass and country to the 60's up to todays music.

momrocks1000
by Sister on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:45 PM

I mostly listen to Christian rock now but otherwise I listen to "soft rock" on my cable music channel in my house or sattelite radio in my car. They play a mix of all the decades of music but I have to say I LOVE singing along especially to the 70s and 80s music! Eagles are my all time fave!

Fun forum & post!

Momoftwo278
by Sister on Jan. 20, 2010 at 3:32 PM

nobody mentioned the Osmonds or the Jackson Five

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)