Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Green Wednesday 3/17

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 7:36 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 226 Total Views

Happy St. Patty's Day!!!!!

Some of you celebrate this day, and some don't. What do you do to enjoy this day? Do you pinch anyone that isn't wearing green?

Have a great St. Patrick's Day!!!

happy st. patricks day

Make your dreams come true just by following them!!  ~~ I do have fibromyalgia and RA But it will NEVER have me!" ~~ Come have some fun with the ladies in 40ish and beyond, www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miss_mom
by Bronze sister on Mar. 17, 2010 at 7:42 AM

I don't make a big deal out of this day, but yeah, people around here wear green. I don't own anything green, as I hate the color. lol

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 17, 2010 at 8:09 AM

I like Sage but I am not a go out and buy green for one day type gal. LOL.. I don't drink beer so green beer is out!!

valkay
by faithful sister on Mar. 17, 2010 at 9:46 AM

I wear green..

allboymom499
by Sister on Mar. 17, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Back in the day it was an excuse to take the day off work, get together with friends and enjoy green banana pancakes and eggs, beef and cabbage, and all the green drinks that go with it from morning until late into the night.

Today, I really don't do anything. I'm sure as my 4yr. old becomes familiar, it will be a bigger deal.

I don't own any green clothing, that I know of.

MistressMinerva
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 10:05 AM

I wear green and green is my favorite color so that's good. Other than that, we dont do anything special for that day.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Mar. 17, 2010 at 11:00 AM

I love St. Patty Day because my Mom always celebrated it when we were growing up. I love her corn beef and cabbage! YUMMM! But, now that she's in San Diego and I'm in Illinois, none for me til I visit. Damn! Yeah, I'm wearing green today! Luv, Maria happy st. patricks day

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 17, 2010 at 12:32 PM

How do you all cook your Corn beef and cabbage??

GaMom64
by Bronze sister on Mar. 17, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I used to make corned beef and cabbage every year. I wear green if I think of it, I wear it a lot anyway. Tonight we are going to a dinner at church. I tried my hand at Irish soda bread, not that great.

I usually just follow the directions on the pkg.

crick926
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Yep I enjoy it and have pinched several of my co workers today for not wearing green!!!

Quigs
by Sister on Mar. 17, 2010 at 5:03 PM

I have green nail polish.  My oldest is pretty into it.  We always have corned beef and either potatoes or cabbage.  As for how I fix mine - well, I toss that thing in the slow cooker, add the spice packet and cover with water turn it on and walk away!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)