Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I've been a Mom for sooo long now!

Posted by on May. 15, 2010 at 10:51 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 246 Total Views

I had my first child at the "normal" age of 25, divorced, then remarried and had my younger two at ages 38 and 40. Well they'are getting a little more independent now. I enjoyed the postings. I could really relate to not relating with the younger moms. I also had moved to the area and didn't know anyone except my husband. Luckily I live in a really stable community. I had an interesting experience though when I was at the school event where all the high school  seniors and their parents were ordering their props for graduation. I saw so many kids and parents that had been in pre-school with my daughter. It really gave a sense of the passages and growth of our families.

by on May. 15, 2010 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smokeybear
by on May. 15, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Hi Tina & welcome to 40ish.  I have been a Mom for 25 yrs, kids still at home!!   I know how you feel!

suzi960
by on May. 15, 2010 at 10:56 PM

HI TINA,AND WELCOME TO 40'SH.

Shanix
by on May. 16, 2010 at 7:59 AM

TinaBelle, I've been parenting for 34 years, the last one is being raised as an only child and he's 11.  I don't know anything but mothering and I'm still loving it. 

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on May. 16, 2010 at 8:48 AM

I have twins that will be 27 and still a 4 yr old at home. Welcome to the 40ish family!!

deedon
by on May. 16, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Hi, welcome.  I have been a mom for 26 years in June. 

Do you ever wonder if anyone will ever call you by your first name and not mom?

GeezLouise41
by on May. 16, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Hello Tina and welcome to the group.  I've been a mom for 20 years. 

TinaBelle
by New sister on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:13 AM

It has been a really long time since I posted. I enjoyed the replies last time. Update -- youngest graduates high school. Only two months before I became a grandma by my oldest!. 

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM

welcome

Momz1025
by Sister on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I was a MOM before I gave birth lol! Nieces and Nephews old as me... But, I have 3 sons and 1 daughter! Ages 22-13 and ALLLLLL of them Are Living in my HOUSE!!!!!! not to mention I  have a Step Daughter who wants her dad, my husband to make up for lost time living there too..My oldest son is 22 and has a leg injury and NO job. My#2 son bought a girlfriend and a 10mth old baby back home with him,My step daughter is 20 and drugg a boyfriend(unemployed) also a kitten to my house too Its 10 of us living in 4 bedroom duplex and only 2 of us have jobs!!!! SOOOO Somebody PRAY for my continued Strengtharguing and Sanity Please!!! HElp a Sister Out LOL

Momz1025

catwoman123456
by Sister on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I  I     I've been a mom for 38 years now. I started at a younger age and would really like to share some of my hard won  battles with younger moms but in my experience they always seem to get a little intimidated(?). So I'd be say, at the playground and to avoid the inevitable comments of "you look too young to be a gm" and the resulting uncomfortable silence after I said thanks, I just started telling every one I was an aunt !  Out of the kids' earshot ,of course.cat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN