Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Long Weekend Plans

Posted by on May. 27, 2010 at 7:36 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 136 Total Views

A long weekend is upon us - with nods to those men and women who have died in service to the United States.

Will you attend any parades or ceremonies? 

For the long "kick off to summer" weekend - will you host a party? Grill outside? HAve family and friends over?

by on May. 27, 2010 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BrenMOM
by Bronze sister on May. 27, 2010 at 7:40 AM

at the beachWe will head to the shore (Wildwood/Cape May area) tomorrow morning. Allie's one teacher informed her that he wasn't teaching tomorrow, so we can leave a bit earlier.

Then on Sunday night, we will head home since she is in the Memorial Day Parade here in town.. her last one.

patriotic

auroragold
by on May. 27, 2010 at 7:46 AM

Quoting BrenMOM:

at the beachWe will head to the shore (Wildwood/Cape May area) tomorrow morning. Allie's one teacher informed her that he wasn't teaching tomorrow, so we can leave a bit earlier.

Then on Sunday night, we will head home since she is in the Memorial Day Parade here in town.. her last one.

patriotic

And the weather forecast should be a good one for you too!

ENJOY!

TinaN64
by on May. 27, 2010 at 7:49 AM

We usually go to a local parade or community thing, then grill out.

This year we are off to Richmond, apartment hunting.   DH starts his new job there on the 7th and we're trying to get moved by the 20th.    We're gonna have fun this weekend, just not the usual fun.  We're opening a new chapter in our lives.

suzi960
by on May. 27, 2010 at 8:15 AM

we will be grilling out all weekend momma, and enjoying the beginning of summer!!!!!!we will attend the parade as well.....have some of my cousins over,and chillin and grillin and relaxin....((HUGS))) suz

suzi960
by on May. 27, 2010 at 8:16 AM

hey momma i have a question, was thinking of going down to cape may this summer for a long weekend, any advice for a newbie!!!!

Quoting BrenMOM:

patriotic

KatiesMom63
by Cello Chick on May. 27, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Katie and I will be going up to visit my mom in Ohio.  We'll also be getting together with my sister and her family.

Phyleva
by Silver sister on May. 27, 2010 at 8:24 AM

We will be working outside in the yard. I need to finish getting my garden planted.

We may grill some turkey burgers.

I will be sure to put out my flags! I do that every year.

ptldrose
by Bronze sister on May. 27, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Capming!!!  It is our first big camping trip each yr, we have about 20 or so people going, it should be fun!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN