Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

High Maintenance Brother and Wife...

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:27 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 162 Total Views

My brother is having marital problems with his wife who I like but the the two of them are alot of work...My brother can;t stand her family and refuses to have anything to do with them and in return his wife makes big issues if he sees us (his family) for retaliation. They fight ALL the time. I will always support my brother right or wrong as he is my brother but I see both of them as wrong in this relationship. She lies to cover things up and blame sother people so she will not get in trouble with him. My brother has weirdly distanced himself from our side of the family as not ot EVER have to see hers and also to control her (as she drinks and likes to talk ALOT). He makes vague promises and then always bags or leaves you wondering if he's showing or not. He bagged last minute on Thanksgiving (bogus excuse) and now just decided after being asked a million times he would come for Xmas eve not Christmas. I am pissed. I think I am going to just ship his family gifts to his house as I do not want to celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve. Is that immature of me? I do not want to open presents till xmas. Also want to send a message like I was tired of waiting on you and decided to take action. Please give me your thoughts...

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Esmrlda
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I think you should do what you want.  Celebrate xmas on x mas day.  Make your plans and if he decides to join in then all the more better but dont make your plans around them.  They sound wishy washy and I can not stand wishy washy people.  I dont like waiting around for them and I dont like them telling me they are going to do something and not follow through. Just tell him this is when so and so is happening and he can be there or not.  Dont give them so much power.   

KatiesMom63
by Cello Chick on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Not an easy situation and I can understand that you've had about enough of it all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)