Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok so it wasn't exactly cupcakes wars!!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:14 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 588 Total Views

I had a very challenging task today and since the week I have been having so far, I was sitting here last night thinking "How the HE!! am I gonna do this, I must be out of my ever loving mind!"  Everyone has been saying "Oh don't bake for me", "I will just buy them" or "You have so much on your plate right now don't worry about it!"

What they don't understand is baking and cooking is like therapy for me.  I absolutely love to drown myself in the kitchen and be creative so I proceeded as planned.  I had 168 cupcakes to make today for "Special Person's Day" at school on Friday and I told my Sis-I-L I would make her a tray of cupcakes just to piss this woman at her job off who gets so angry whenever someone brings stuff in but isn't complaining when she is shoving said treats down her throat!!  I love pissing grumpy people off...I do what I can!!

So today before I walked out of the house to walk the boys to school I pre-heat the oven.  33 minutes later I am back at the house and I start my mixing after I made my cup of coffee and did the breakfast dishes.  I started at exactly 8:50am!

I am completely done mixing and baking by noon which was 14 minutes ago!!  GO ME!!!  Now I will spend my night tonight frosting them all pretty, pretty!!  I promised some sisters that I would post pics of my cupcakes after they are all done!!

Not bad to have mixed and baked 171 (to be exact) cupcakes in 3 hours and 10 minutes!  And I was doubting myself!!

People need to understand that children with special needs are not sick. They are not searching for a cure, just acceptance.   Admin 40ish and Beyond.  Come Join us at 40ish and Beyond....www.cafemom.com/group/7446    Admin Marriage, Mental Health & Addictions.  Come join us at MMH&A.....http://www.cafemom.com/group/112038/

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjcharlie1959
by Dungeon Queen on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:16 PM

YOU GO GIRL!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!! woohoo

deesam
by Twins on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:20 PM

wow you go that is alot of cupcakes don't forget the pix

clapping               woohoo

lori57703
by Gold sister on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Awesome! It must feel great to know that besides everything else going on you were able to this for your kids and all the kids in their grade at the school! YOU ROCK! 

suzi960
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:21 PM

WOW JEANNE....GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!way to go

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:45 PM

I love to bake as well when I get stressed or just need to think. I tend to do my best baking at that time. Yes my kitchen can look like a bakery by the time I am done but at the end I also feel better.

If this what makes you feel better Jeanne then I say do it and let your creative side flow.

You go girl!!!!

HEAVNLI1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:48 PM

Never doubted ya!

clapping

BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Thanks sistas.  Right now I am making the red chocolate hearts for the top of each cupcake.  I bought a heart mold that makes 20 candies at a time...should have bought 2 so I would have been done twice as fast!!  LOL

I promise not to forget the pic!!  40ish's HONOR!!

doodlepuss
by Sheri on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:55 PM

You are awesome!!bowing down

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM

I know what you mean, when we lived in our house I loved my kitchen and would bake/cook a LOT...it is therapeutic your minds is on what you are doing and busy busy...

YOU GO GIRL!!

BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Here are 164 of them ready for their frosting which will hopefully happen tonight.....

This leaves 7 left in the house for the boys.  But I do have to give 2 away to the crossing guards Friday morning because they always get us across the street safely!  So now I am down to 5....any takers??!!!

sidesplittinglaughter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)