Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday help.....

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:02 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 273 Total Views

My middle son is turning 20 this Tuesday.  I am praying I will be well enough to bake his cake myself..but the even bigger deal is that for the first time ever... I am struggling to figure out what to get him. He honestly "needs" nothing.  He is not a very typical guy... very outside the box... if you know what I mean.  Any great ideas?

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PadmeJonez
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:06 PM

How outside of the box are you talking?  My 17 year old can be described that way, too.  He likes your basic geek stuff.  The other day I got him a new flashdrive and he was so happy!  LOL!  For his birthday last year, I got him some video game inspired t-shirts.  None of his friends had them, so it was a "one of a kind" type of gift. 

suzi960
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:07 PM

HMMM 20YRS OLD...THIS IS TOUGH....WHERE DOES HE LIKE TO SHOP??

SanDiegoMaxMom
by Bronze sister on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:11 PM

My husband is impossible to buy for.  My sister drew his name for Christmas and got him an Amazon gift card.....it was perfect!  He bought several books, a machete and some computer parts.  He was thrilled....she was thrilled that she actually got him something he liked.

SanDiegoMaxMom
by Bronze sister on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Other thoughts....concert tickets? motocross tickets?  tickets to disney or some other place he likes?  A Southwest or other airline gift card?  Behind the scenes tour of some place he likes (brewery, etc.)?

HEAVNLI1
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Very Nice ideas ladies...... now I gotta get my butt in gear.... I've only got three days.  Damn Flu!

momsjoy
by Bronze sister on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Maybe a gift card to BestBuy?...

suzi960
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:49 PM

thats my hubbys fav!!!!!   lol and my boys too  lol

Quoting momsjoy:

Maybe a gift card to BestBuy?...

connietrrll
by Silver sister on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I hope you feel better soon. Happy birthday to your son. Although I would have no idea what to get him either. My son is turning 25 on Thursday. I don't know what to get him. But he is a brat. So maybe I wont't get him anything!

Quoting HEAVNLI1:

Very Nice ideas ladies...... now I gotta get my butt in gear.... I've only got three days.  Damn Flu!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Where does he like to eat at?  gift card to there?

GeezLouise41
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Tomorrow is the big day.  Did you figure out what you're going to do? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)