Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teary DH

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:25 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 329 Total Views

I just have to share this with all you ladies. As you know I have two Granddaughters, Stella is almost 2 1/2 and wasn't really talking much.

My DD has been working with her this winter, we went for a visit on Sunday, she looked at DH, pointed and said "Paw Paw"..I looked over at him and the look on his face was priceless, teary eyes and so proud. Then she pointed at me and said "Gamma"...I loved it!!! Oh I got a bit teary too!! LOL

Sorry, but I just had to share.

Linda

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
serjil
by Sister on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:26 AM

That's so wonderful. I am happy for the both of you, and kudos to your daughter for working so hard with her and not giving up. 

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:31 AM

AWW! That is so exciting! My grandson Anthony was calling me Momma for the longest time. About 2 or 3 months ago, he called me Grammy, now Grandma! Happy for you both! Grands are the BEST! grandmagrandpa

suzi960
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:31 AM

awww linda, so sweet.. luv the avatar pic, look at that red hair...i love it !!!!!

FlyHippie
by Bronze sister on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Our granddaughter calls my hubby "PawPaw" too!!!! and she calls me "Momma" so we'll see when that changes! LOL!

doodlepuss
by Sheri on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:24 AM

I know the feeling!! My son wasn't talking much at 2 and 1/2.  He could talk but just didn't do it often.  He's finally taking off with it and everyday it's a new phrase.  I get so proud and tickled at him that my throat gets so tight and my eyes get misty.  I know my dad will do the same next time we go for a visit.

doodlepuss
by Sheri on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Quoting serjil:

That's so wonderful. I am happy for the both of you, and kudos to your daughter for working so hard with her and not giving up. 

I worked so hard with my son--tons of books and flashcards that were 3D.  I think they talk when they are ready--at least in my son's case.  I swear he wouldn't talk just because I wanted it so badly.  He could say over 50 words but he just didn't use them much.  It was driving me crazy.  He's finally jibber-jabbering in English!  Pretty soon I know that I won't be able to shut him up!!  I won't mind a bit though!

CafeMom Tickers

keljo05
by Kelly on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:45 AM

JP was like that Doodle.... I didn't let it stress me - but Joe let his father and sister convince him that JP was developmentally delayed and needed immediate testing and intervention.

hah! he's 4 now and a perfectly normal boy... without any of that!

some kids just wait a little longer to talk.

MomsTaxiAndATM
by 40ish Angel on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Awe............!! Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!high five

25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Linda, this is wonderful news!

You all might be surprised now, she just might keep on talking your ears off! 

~Marie(Admin) CafeMom,group/7446

KatiesMom63
by Cello Chick on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:48 PM

So very sweet.  I'm glad you shared her progress with us. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)