Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Texas Two Steppers

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:36 AM
  • 83 Replies
  • 2767 Total Views

Texas is this weeks featured state. If you live in Texas, have visited or would like to visit please share your experience with us. Salute our Texas sisters.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
badlandsgirl
by I am a survivor! on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Texas became a state on December 29, 1845. Salute our Texas sisters.

suzi960
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:56 AM

bow downwelcome texas!!!!!!!!  our very own momma is from texas...yeeeeeehaaaaa!!!!!cowgirl

FlyHippie
by Bronze sister on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Woooo Hoooo! I'm a Texas girl. Born here, still here...

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:51 AM

I LOVE TEXAS!!!! The food, the people and most important the State itself!! Come on TX sisters let's show our sisters why we love this state so much!!

FlyHippie
by Bronze sister on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I do love the people...I'm kinda iffy on how things are being done here right now (govt)...but I love the people!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Quoting FlyHippie:

I do love the people...I'm kinda iffy on how things are being done here right now (govt)...but I love the people!

I agree! But think of the great things... FOOD!!!! Oh and the HOT cowboys!!!

Make your dreams come true just by following them!!  ~~ I do have fibromyalgia and RA But it will NEVER have me!" ~~ Come have some fun with the ladies in 40ish and beyond, www.cafemom.com/group/7446 ( tell the girls momma sent ya!!) }!{

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Ladies, Ft Hood is one of the largest Military bases in the world. I know of the "secret" airport that is built in the moutains and my grandparents house still sits in the middle of North Ft Hood. My Grandfather owned most of it and sold it to the Gov't for $1 an acre.

Did you all know that Elvis was station at Ft Hood? yes he was and mom said he came in the coffee shop she worked in.

God Bless our Troops...

FlyHippie
by Bronze sister on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:00 AM

I was born in Lubbock. Home of Buddy Holly, Mac Davis and lotsa other musicians...

So I had to share our HUMBLE west Texas style here! LOL!!!

FlyHippie
by Bronze sister on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:01 AM

AAAAND....did ya know?

Texas is the only state where you can fly the state flag ABOVE the American flag. Yes we can.

Char.965
by Bronze sister on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:02 AM

I was born in Amarillo. My dad was Air Force at the time and I was born on base. Can't remember it and one day would like to go back to visit. Mom told me a story once from when they lived there that it rained frogs one day. She said that it started raining and when it stopped she went to go outside and there were frogs everywhere. I thought that was funny.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)