Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fab & Fit at 40ish, week 40...WOOOHOOO

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:29 AM
  • 39 Replies
  • 3315 Total Views

Morning my sisters!!  I hope everyone is having a wonderful day today.  It's quite cold outside, seems like Old Man Winter has returned for one final BLAST on us!!  The good news is the sun is shining and we are alive and healthy!

Can you believe we have been doing this for 40 weeks now!!??!!!! 

congratulations  way to go  woohoo  we rock

Just think in 12 weeks, we will have been together a full year!!!!  When Suzi and I started this 45 weeks ago, I really didn't think the life span of our communication would be 40 days let alone 40 weeks!!  Once we decided to go public with out journey, I had my doubts!!  I thought "It will fizz out eventually!"  Boy was I WRONG!!  And we have no one else to blame but outselves for keeping this wonderful post alive and kicking week after week after week!!  Thanks Suzi for hopping on board with me and starting this post and thanks for sticking with me all this time!! 

you rock

And to Bren, Lori, Chris, Forever, CCL, Kitty, Aligirl and all the other sisters that stop by....THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS POST AS WONDERFUL AS IT IS EACH WEEK!!  We have proven without a shadow of a doubt that we are successful no matter what adversity!!  We are here for one another through thick and thin!!  We listen, care, support and open our hearts to one another each and every day in this post and that is the AWESOME part of this whole thing!!  You are the reason for it's success!!  Thank you so very much!!  YOU ROCK!!

group hug

I told you they took my hubby's picc line out last week and today they came and picked up the rest of the flush syringes..all 5 boxes of them and each box had a 65 count!!  Ugghhh!!  Certainly don't want them to go to waste!  I hope they can either put them back into stock or donate them to another cancer patient that has no insurance or something.

Well it's come down to this....my husband may not have to worry about cancer killing him cause I may just take care of that for him!!  He is driving me completely bonkers over here with requests of strange food or food we don't have, mood swings, hollaring and screaming at me for every little thing and the grumpyness is OFF THE HOOK!!!  I am trying my best to let him have his fits and walk away but he keeps eggin me on.  If it's not one thing, it's another!  He is NEVER like this with anyone else, his friends, my nephew, his sister or father!  No one but ME!!!  He has turned simply EVIL!!!  Sometimes I want to reach out and bitch slap his ass back to reality and tell him "UM, excuse me but who do you think is taking care of you over here?"  But I can never say anything because I get lectures, dirty looks and even more attitude!!!  And I simply don't need anymore of it!!  I am thinking about searching for an online support group for spouses of cancer patients.

I can't wait until next Thursday!!  I am gonna enjoy the HELL out of that cake decorating class!!  Not that I feel I NEED it but it's a night out once a week for 4 weeks and it's just for ME!!!  I hope he doesn't start any sh%t with me or else I am pullin out the frying pan!!  LOL  My nephew told me he would make sure he was home those nights so he could help my hubby with the boys if he can't handle it.

Well went to WW today and I am FINALLY down 1/2 lb!!  Hey I'll take it!!  I am not promising that I am back on track but it's a start!!  So for the first time in like what seems like forever I will do the happy dance....

dancing

Ok this week let's take a look at the health benefits of cinnamon...one of my favorites....

Studies have shown that just 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower LDL cholesterol.

Several studies suggest that cinnamon may have a regulatory effect on blood sugar, making it especially beneficial for people with Type 2 diabetes.

In some studies, cinnamon has shown an amazing ability to stop medication-resistant yeast infections.

In a study published by researchers at the U.S. Department of Agriculture in Maryland, cinnamon reduced the proliferation of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.

It has an anti-clotting effect on the blood.

In a study at Copenhagen University, patients given half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder combined with one tablespoon of honey every morning before breakfast had significant relief in arthritis pain after one week and could walk without pain within one month.

When added to food, it inhibits bacterial growth and food spoilage, making it a natural food preservative.

One study found that smelling cinnamon boosts cognitive function and memory.

Researchers at Kansas State University found that cinnamon fights the E. coli bacteria in unpasteurized juices.

It is a great source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium.

People need to understand that children with special needs are not sick. They are not searching for a cure, just acceptance.   Admin 40ish and Beyond.  Come Join us at 40ish and Beyond....www.cafemom.com/group/7446    Admin Marriage, Mental Health & Addictions.  Come join us at MMH&A.....http://www.cafemom.com/group/112038/

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofne
by Silver sister on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:58 AM

I also heard that Cinnamon is a natural appetite suppressant.

suzi960
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:01 AM
Woooohoooo. Wow. 40 weeks!!!! We rock !!! I'm at work so I can't write too much... But your welcome I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm with you till the end Jeanne....love you and congrats to you this week... Ilona back after work to say more. Lol
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:43 AM

I take two pills a day of Cinnamon. It is also great for those who have diabetes, since my mom is I feel that I better take it and hope to reduce my chances.

I also take two flax seed oil pills a day as well ad my diet pill is Green tea.

Way to go ladies!!!

KatiesMom63
by Cello Chick on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Congratulations Jeanne!  We made it to 40 weeks!  Sorry your husband is driving you up the wall but I'm glad you're getting back to losing again.  I am doing a little light exercise but really have to wait to see what the doctor says on Friday.  I am also starting to eat better today so hopefully I can lose the few extra post surgery pounds I gained.  Hope everyone has a great Monday. 

lori57703
by Gold sister on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Wow, 40 weeks is a long time! Yay for all of us finding the support we need.

Jeanne, I know it is really hard for you to deal with Chuck right now. Imagine all the things going through his head and then he feels like crap on top of it all. As hard as it is I would try killing him with kindness! It is really hard to be rude to a person who is being really sweet to you. Unfortunately, you are the person closest to him so you are the easiest target for him. I hope it gets a little better soon.

BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Quoting lori57703:

Wow, 40 weeks is a long time! Yay for all of us finding the support we need.

Jeanne, I know it is really hard for you to deal with Chuck right now. Imagine all the things going through his head and then he feels like crap on top of it all. As hard as it is I would try killing him with kindness! It is really hard to be rude to a person who is being really sweet to you. Unfortunately, you are the person closest to him so you are the easiest target for him. I hope it gets a little better soon.

I am trying and still he is just not a nice person.  Being nasty to him doesn't help, being so-so to him doesn't help, being indifferent toward him doesn't help and finally being SWEET AS PIE to him doesn't help!  Sometimes I feel like he blames me for him being ill.  So I just deal and continue to be the easiest target for him!!

momcat437
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Rock on, ladies!!

you rock

LEORRA
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:41 PM

wow! nice input you got here! 

suzi960
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 8:35 AM

morning ladies, how is everyone doing??? im trying to get my butt back on track..yesterday was a good day ,i ate well..hopefully will do the same today!!!.im going to be busy cleaning the boys room out so thatll keep me busy and moving  lol..have a good one!!!

KatiesMom63
by Cello Chick on Mar. 29, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Hello ladies!  Hope you all are having a great day.  We are still re-modeling the house so I only have  'before' and 'during' pictures but no 'after' picture yet.  We were told back in January to expect it to take 4 to 6 weeks but we will entering the third month soon.  The project now includes the half bath since my husband had to pull out everything for them to put the floor in.  That means more wallpaper removal and a few more trips to Lowe's for the new sink and toilet (the old stuff was black and every little spec of dust and water spot really showed.  So now we are hoping things will be finished, after many delays, by mid-April.  Better go, I hear unhappy installers making scary noises in the hallway. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)