Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it just me?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:10 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 353 Total Views
The secret life of an American teenager came back on tonight and well Meg wanted to watch it. This show has a teen that has a baby, one that is going to have a baby and the entire hour was nothing about who will gave sex with who and the one boy that slept with every girl in school.
I can say I never not one time thought about sex in high school, I know different times and all but these kids talked about nothing else.
Am I the only one who thinks this show is off bases or is it?

Make your dreams come true just by following them!!  ~~ I do have fibromyalgia and RA But it will NEVER have me!" ~~ Come have some fun with the ladies in 40ish and beyond, www.cafemom.com/group/7446 ( tell the girls momma sent ya!!) }!{

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HEAVNLI1
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Dispise how they glamorize promiscuity to our teens.  Ughhhh, the has to be something better they can offer our children for entertainment.

koolmom343
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:18 PM

I have never seen it, nor do I want to watch anything that glorifies teenage sexuality.

roxxyt
by Roxane on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:21 PM

I'm with ya on that one, I know I didn't think about sex in high school, But my youngest daughter who is now 17 talked about the show. I remember one girl left school because she was preg. and my daughter was telling me like 6 girls were leaving school because they were preg. OMG what has happened to our kids. I have pulled my daughter out of school because of the drugs mostly and she does online high school. I take her to the office with me everyday and she sits in my office and does her work for school. I hate public schools anymore, its so different from when we went to school. I talked with ladies in the neighborhood and most of them home school, through elementary and middle school. Once the kids hit high school they duel enroll them in the community college and most of them have an associates degree by the time they graduate high school. some have a bachelors degree. I know one that is a junior in ASU at 18. between home schooling and the duel enrollment she only has one more year of college. Times are a changing. 

BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Quoting koolmom343:

I have never seen it, nor do I want to watch anything that glorifies teenage sexuality.

THIS!

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:45 PM

I don't want to see anything that glorifies sex. That being said, there have been alot of shows on about it. There was a movie on Lifetime about a girl getting Syphllis, another about AIDS, etc. I don't know what we can do as a culture. Sorry, but when I was in HS, sex was huge for me. Maybe I'm the oddball here! LOL PS- ** I just re-read something you wrote. I had sex in HS. But, I never had to worry or worried about "giving" sex to certain guys. Alot of girls are pressured to give oral sex to be in the "in" crowd. Ugghh!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:49 PM

well when that show first started it was supposed to promote to kids "you can't do it all/have it all" I thought.  I didn't like it (watched it to see ifit was ok for dd to see.) so we don't. 

Now as for sex in high school unfortunately it was quite common at my high school.  My bff was one that hoped she'd get pregnant it used to make me sooo mad at her...thankfully it never happend till she got engaged. 

today I'm not so sure as dd is in jr.high and she's not ready to date yet lol.

KittyGram
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:56 PM

I haven't and will not watch it for that very reason. 

koolmom343
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:02 AM

I have  a friend whose daughter is in high school, she tells me all the time that kids are having sex and giving oral sex to be in the in crowd.  It really saddens me that society as a whole seems to accept this behavior and shuns the kids who decide on abstinence.

kandyblossom
by Bronze sister on Mar. 29, 2011 at 6:53 AM

Never heard of it.  My kids don't particularly care for tv, except Monday night wrestling, so they have never expressed an interest in watching that or anything like it.

cjcharlie1959
by Dungeon Queen on Mar. 29, 2011 at 6:56 AM

I agree with you.  The show is demoralizing and promotes sex to teenagers.  Secret life should give you a clue that and Teen moms on another network.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)