Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Odd behavior..(DH Related)

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:50 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 334 Total Views

This morning I was getting ready for work and I was really hurting. I had slept sitting up all night because I somehow got "glutened" yesterday.  I think maybe the seasoning I used on the grill got me.  Anyway , my entire system repsonds when I ingest anything with gluten at this point.  My poor digestive tract just cannot handle it.  Even gluten free its going to take a couple of years to reverse the damage. 

I was walking into the kitchen abnd asked DH to please just take a second and massage the pain out of my left shoulder. Sleeping sitting up propped on pillows is a killer.  When I cried out as he began to work on my shoulder me mocked me.... I just walked a way.   I was in terrible pain and felt so alone.  A very short minute later he appeared in the doorway of the bathroom where I was getting ready and said the following.

" I am sorry baby, I am ashamed that I was so cruel to you, there is no excuse for me acting like that towards you ". 

This from a man who will sit in silence for hours and never ever apologize.  I simply do not know what to think about it.  I told him that I agreed that it was cruel and I need to be treated better then that.  He just said " I know" and kissed me good bye then left for work.  

I am stumped!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Kinda makes ya think when is the other shoe gonna drop??

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:09 PM

did you say you both were in counseling and he's really trying?  Seems like it might be taking "effect"?

HEAVNLI1
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:11 PM

I'm with ya sister.... odd behavior for him indeed.  The counselor dude has been giving him a very hard time about his lack of well hell, "everything".....I am still very much thinking there was a stranger in my house this morning.

Quoting bjfreeman1:

HEAVNLI1
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Not that I would be opposed to him acting like a decent human being towards me...it's just very out of characheter for him.

Quoting HEAVNLI1:

I'm with ya sister.... odd behavior for him indeed.  The counselor dude has been giving him a very hard time about his lack of well hell, "everything".....I am still very much thinking there was a stranger in my house this morning.

Quoting bjfreeman1:

firemouse23
by Platinum sister on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Wow!!! A huge step for him.  I would let him know that his apology was very much appreciated so he does it again in the future when needed.  Sounds like he is finally taking you serious on you wanting out if things don't change fast, quick and in a hurry.

doodlepuss
by Sheri on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:49 PM

I he going to counselling?  It  sounds like he may have had a small break though!

25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:48 PM

SO, IT'S BEGINNING TO HAPPEN?

More hubby's are reported for being kinder! 

deesam
by Twins on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:20 PM

WOW..............jaw drop

HEAVNLI1
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:09 PM

I am being coutiously optomistic.. LOl...  No one wants to end a marriage.  It would be great to wind up with the same guy I started with 7..oops 8  years ago....

Quoting firemouse23:

Wow!!! A huge step for him.  I would let him know that his apology was very much appreciated so he does it again in the future when needed.  Sounds like he is finally taking you serious on you wanting out if things don't change fast, quick and in a hurry.

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:34 PM

I think he's buttering you up for sex tonight.

LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)