Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Changing a tire LOL

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:27 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 290 Total Views

Okay Ladies,

Long story short-driving out of my driveway I make a left turn onto a busy street, car starts pulling and then rumbles.  I pull over into a parking lot (cursing under my breath) A FLAT TIRE.  So I pull the jack and the spare out of the trunk (I am single so cant call my husband and DO NOT want a boyfriend :) and proceed to jack the car and remove the lug nuts.  Tons of people drive by seeing me in a dress and boots changing the tire but not one ass stops.  I do live in the south I guess chiverly is dead lol.  As I get the tire almost changed-a nice well dressed man pulls up and says let me help you.  He proceeds to tell me that he is very impressed and I have completely changed the tire with no help.  I am grateful he stopped but really? I am an able bodied woman why should he be surprised? 

If you have a flat, and no one is with you-do you change it yourself?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:31 PM

If I had a flat and knew how to do it, I most certainly would. Good for you!

HEAVNLI1
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Woudl if I had to for sure... but always hoping for help! LOL

firelites
by Anne on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:32 PM

My mom made me learn to change a tire before she let me learn  to drive, but now I have usaa so they send out heman to do it instead.

fiveohmom
by Sister on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Lol I taught both of my girls how to change them, but they sill call me for help! At least I know they can do it if I dont answer the phone

firemouse23
by Platinum sister on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I used to change them myself...now with the wrist I have to call my son to help

Ferne
by Silver sister on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:19 PM

I'v never had to change one myself.  Everytime I have needed to change one, some kindly man has stopped and done it for me.  I'm not sure I even remember how to change a tire now.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:30 PM

My dad made my sister and I learn to 1.change a tire, 2. change the oil, 3. change out headlights, 4. fix a fuse.  I also helped change out my manifold, distributer and alternator with him when the went out (I bet I could have rebuilt that old car lol).

So, to answer Yes I could and would...although the last time I had a flat (knock wood) I was only 2 houses down from mine so I just slowly backed up told hubby and we took off tire and drove down the street for a new one lol.

suzi960
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:39 PM
I've never had to either,but I guess if I had too...I think I can do it..... I think. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doodlepuss
by Sheri on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:39 PM

I would call the hubs first---I think I should have SOME benefit of putting up with his ass! LOL      If he couldn't help and I didn't have AAA, I would do it myself.  I would hope someone would stop and help though.

KittyGram
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:51 PM

I'm probably jinxing myself, but IF it happens, I could change it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)