Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy Romance.......

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:36 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 290 Total Views

Wow, DH wanted me to take off yesterday because he was off work for the Good Friday holiday.   I just couldn't it was impossible with my Friday work load.  I decided to go in until noon and just get things done early in the day. 

When I came home at noon I fully expected to find a sour puss sitting here sulking because I was nto able to take off.  Boy oh boy, was I wrong.

The house was clean as a whistle. So I went in search of Dh to thank him and laying on my bed was a map with little paper hearts taped in specific locations around the city.  There were addresses on each heart.  DH comes into the room and says.."This is a quiz, you have to tell me what memory we shared at each of these locations.."..ok, I'll play along.  I got every single one them right... from our first date , first kiss, proposal, wedding..so on, but there was one I just could not remember.  It was driving me nuts. So he says  "ok, lets go on a field trip and see what you forgot".  We drive downtown to the exact location and it's a very exquisite hotel. ( The Seelbach Hotel , google it , WOW) I am not thinking the DH has screwed up bigtime.  We've never been to that hotel..... just then he pulls up to the valet and gives them the keys.. he has taken me there to make another memory... I am telling you...THIS is the man I married.  Wow, quite a night... we went to dinner , and a show , then back to The Seelbach. 

We had a 10 am counseling appt.  He told me during that appt. that he just realized how hard I try and how discouraged I must be that it never seems like enough and wanted to say thanks... I am floating and it's been a very long time since i have floated.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzi960
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:40 PM

happysounds wonderful...seems all that hard work just may be paying off.....

BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:41 PM

I agree with Suzi!!  Best wishes!

MomsTaxiAndATM
by 40ish Angel on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:42 PM

How nice!!!!!!!!!!!! And very romantic!!!!

happy

missvickey
by Bronze sister on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:47 PM
Oh, how wonderfull for you both...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firemouse23
by Platinum sister on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Holy Romance...now that is a wonderful thing.  He really IS working at it...You are so lucky to be getting him back and he is realizing what he has...one special lady.  

doodlepuss
by Sheri on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:05 PM

That is so AWESOME!!! 

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:33 PM

aw made me tear up that sounds sooo sweet!!

Monarch45
by Sister on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:35 PM

That is so thoughtful. How wonderful for you:)

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Oooh La la! That is wonderful! Sounds like he realizing how much he loves you and doesn't want to lose you! Good luck, honey! in love

sonogal
by Gold sister on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:28 PM
Gave me chills Shirley. I am all teary now. How sweet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)