Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nobody faint but......

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:25 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 353 Total Views

I picked up a book to read today besides a textbook! I thought it would be nice to relax and just read a book today. It will be over 100 degrees outside and we are staying in and my paper that is due Monday will be finished tomorrow so I am treating myself. I might even make some of the jello popcorn that was posted as well.

The book I found is James Patterson "Sunday at Tiffany's" Has anyone read it? Thoughts?

Make your dreams come true just by following them!!  ~~ I do have fibromyalgia and RA But it will NEVER have me!" ~~ Come have some fun with the ladies in 40ish and beyond, www.cafemom.com/group/7446 ( tell the girls momma sent ya!!) }!{

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:34 AM

I graduated last year and know the luxury of reading something for enjoyment. Who has time to read when you have papers & presentations due? Your plans sound great. We are FINALLY going to have a nice weekend here without rain, so I'm gonna go outside and paint this morning & attend a parade tonight with some little one's. I haven't heard of your book, but am finally enjoying one of my own, and sat outside in the sun yesterday while I read.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:44 AM

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

I graduated last year and know the luxury of reading something for enjoyment. Who has time to read when you have papers & presentations due? Your plans sound great. We are FINALLY going to have a nice weekend here without rain, so I'm gonna go outside and paint this morning & attend a parade tonight with some little one's. I haven't heard of your book, but am finally enjoying one of my own, and sat outside in the sun yesterday while I read.

I use to read all the time. I feel my time is consumed with textbooks and being a psychology major you have so much to study and the presentations have to be perfect. So this is my treat as you well know! :)

Make your dreams come true just by following them!!  ~~ I do have fibromyalgia and RA But it will NEVER have me!" ~~ Come have some fun with the ladies in 40ish and beyond, www.cafemom.com/group/7446 ( tell the girls momma sent ya!!) }!{

firemouse23
by Platinum sister on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:12 AM

I have not read it yet...let me know how it is though...I may have to put that one on my reading list.

HEAVNLI1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Yes...loved it!

bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Love James Patterson!  Haven't read that one yet!

cclpmom
by Princess Nana on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Quoting firemouse23:

I have not read it yet...let me know how it is though...I may have to put that one on my reading list.

Same here.... I used to read all the time. 

Melinda67
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:10 AM

aahhhhh Reading, one of the most enjoyable, relaxing hobbies of mine! I wish I could get some reading in today, I may later this evening though.

smokeybear
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Yes, I've read it.   I love J.P.  This is not of course his usual genera of crime/mystery/suspense.    It is a beautiful story & held my interest all the way through.     I don't want to give anything away - just enjoy your NON text book & let me know how you liked it!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:30 PM

I finished a book I was reading and haven't got another yet to start.  I love love to read!!  I think I may go read a few magazine's my mom gave me tho and try to nap...in a bit.

Momplusmore
by Platinum sister on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:35 PM

I really enjoyed this book.  I wish James Patterson would write more in this genre rather than mysteries...Also try Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas. Beautiful story!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)