• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food for thought....

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:15 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 373 Total Views

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: If you're not being treated with the love and respect you deserve, check your "PRICE TAG" perhaps you have marked yourself down. It's you who tell people what you're worth by what you accept. Get off the "SALE RACK" and get yourself behind the case where they keep the "VALUABLES." Bottom line "VALUE" yourself more.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzi960
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:18 PM

simple smileWELL SAID...

syida
by Texas Ganny on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:20 PM
So true.
bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:23 PM

I live by a slogan I learned at a corporate training session.  Are you value added?  Do you enrich, enlighten and entertain??

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Shirley- I agree with everything you said. My main problem is finding a fricking job! My other stuff seems to fall into place, sooner or later. How do you find value in yourself in times like these? KWIM?

BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:31 PM

I hear ya sista!  Very hard when life is so darn challenging!

bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Sugar, don't feel that way.  Make some "just you" time and sit in front of a mirror.  Remember who you were; remember why you are here; remember who loves you and you love back.  That's wth is important in this life.  I truly believe a person is not measured by whether they have a frickin job or not but, by how they percieve themselves and portray themselves to others.  I adore you!!  Don't doubt yourself

firemouse23
by Platinum sister on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Bravo Shirley!!!  Very well stated and so very true.  Definitely words to live by.

cclpmom
by Princess Nana on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Love this !

SeventiesChild
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:55 PM

LOVE this. Did you write this?

HEAVNLI1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Someone sent it to me on facebook and I thought...."WOW...this is so true.."  Of course, I thought of all my 40ish sisters.... had to share it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)