Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your grocery bill still going up steadily?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:34 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 456 Total Views

What are you doing to keep in down?  Coupons? Cutting back?

I am really stuggling. We have gone from about $120 a week to nearly $200 in the last 18 months... I use the heck out of oupons.  Just frustrated.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yougotmail
by Bronze sister on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Yeah it's unbelievable.I went the other day for about 10 things and it was 60 bucks.I try to use coupons but they never have them for things I buy.Now that DS1 is home from college it's up even higher.I'm going to Walmart more now for some things and I just got a free pass to try out BJ's but I don't know anything about them.

Dee

letstalk747
by Joyful on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:01 PM

oh yeah , me to , prices are so high , i am just going without at times and eating cheaper stuff , and coupons

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:19 PM

yep posted recently the cost of coffee rising..it's getting nutty.  Between weather, war etc. it's really affecting it

HEAVNLI1
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 6:33 AM

A ny of those radical couponers here??? Just trying to figure out a way to save more.

mkdirector2011
by Sister on Jun. 5, 2011 at 8:43 AM

Me Too!! Any Ideas???

BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Jun. 5, 2011 at 8:43 AM

It's rediculous!!!  I have the option of going to Save A Lot and that is still a bit more expensive then it used to be but at the same time it's waaayyyy cheaper than ShopRite!  The only draw back is for certain things I have to go over to SR because SAL just doesn't carry certain items I need as well as most national brands like Scott TP, Dawn Dish Liquid and a few other things like kosher salt and merengue powder.  And believe it or not but whole milk (which I buy for the boys cause they are ADHD {less processing} and they are sooooooooooooooo skinny they can afford the extra calories) is cheaper at SR than it is at SAL!

firemouse23
by Platinum sister on Jun. 5, 2011 at 10:07 AM

You have to shop at the club card stores...safeway, kroger, family thrift, albertsons.  look for the sale adds where the items you have coupons for are on sale at those stores.  Make sure you have one of their club cards and load any online coupons that you may have onto that card also.  go in and buy their items at their prices (lower because of the club card of course) then give your coupons also to bring that price down even lower.  From what I've seen...it takes quite a bit of time organizing what coupons you will use at what stores for the best price but from what i've seen on that show...wow you can save a lot.

mamamiajk
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Ours is more like leaps and bounds! lol Seriously though I am on disability and even though the government says the cost of living has not gone up....WTH? Saving money has always been like a game to me. I just love how much I can get for nothing or next to it. We have 5 grocery stores in my area and every week I get out the flyers,make my list, get out the coupons and go at it! I spend about $50 a week on groceries and the bulk of it isn't even edible. Go figure

bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Jun. 5, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Oh, yeah!  Steadily rising....

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jun. 5, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Yep, they are rising & I find many of the coupon sites really frustrating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)