Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All my children & One life to live fans

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:18 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 314 Total Views

I guess these soaps will NOT be gone like the fans think. They will be on but you will have to watch them on line. Some of the actors have moved on but the soaps have been saved.

Is this the way everyone will have to watch soaps is on line? What about the elderly/ or others who don't have a computer?  I wonder if you will be able to DVR it online? mmmmmmmm.......

Your thoughts?

Make your dreams come true just by following them!!  ~~ I do have fibromyalgia and RA But it will NEVER have me!" ~~ Come have some fun with the ladies in 40ish and beyond, www.cafemom.com/group/7446 ( tell the girls momma sent ya!!) }!{

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:29 AM

I think you can DVR it on line.  I just got Xfinity and it says you can.  Not sure how it works.  I'm really glad that they saved the soaps.  Waiting to see if they also get General Hospital!!

suzi960
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:33 AM

oh wait till i tell my mom, she will be all pissed because she dosent have a computer......lol...i hope they dont touch general hosp..: (

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:54 AM

That is stupid! I think they should be put on on demand. Here where I live, on demand has a category for all tv series taken off the air. That way, people with cable could stilll access them all.

DreamChips
by New sister on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I really want the soaps to be saved but I don't think I will be able to find the time to watch them online. I spend my onliine time working or checking out Cafemom.

wondra
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:34 AM

I hate it when they end the soaps. I loved Guiding Light-very sad when that ended. My mom and I used to watch that and even when we lived apart, we would talk about it. She has been gone since 1999 and for years after that I would want to call her up and chat with her about something that was going on it. 

BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:01 AM

It wouldn't bother me in the least if they got rid of ALL the soap opera's.  I am not a fan of them at all...can't stand those shows!

suzi960
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:16 AM

((hugs)) wondra, i do that with gh....

Quoting wondra:

I hate it when they end the soaps. I loved Guiding Light-very sad when that ended. My mom and I used to watch that and even when we lived apart, we would talk about it. She has been gone since 1999 and for years after that I would want to call her up and chat with her about something that was going on it. 

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:56 PM

I guess my aunt Rosemary will have to buy a computer because she is an All My Children devotee!  She tapes it every day while she's at work and watches it as soon as she gets home.  She was SO upset when she heard they were going away - now she'll be ticked off because she'll have to invest in a computer!  lol

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:20 PM

From what I read they will have some other soaps as well, it will be like a soap network on the internet. Maybe some of the soaps you all enjoyed will be back on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)