Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ANOTHER MISSING CHILD...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:53 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 1854 Total Views

another missing child on the news this morning.this boy is 10 yrs old,been missing since monday..he left to go to summer school at 8 in the morning and has been missing since...2 months ago an 8 yr old boy walking to summer camp went missing,and the absolute worse thing that can happen, happened to this boy,im sure you read about it or heard about his outcome....wtf  is going on.....to be honest,i dont think these children at that age should be walking alone ,to school.or camp or wherever,with no older sibling or adult..the world we live in today,i dont trust anyone...these younfg kids cannot defend themselves,they shouldnt be alone..

your thoughts??

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missvickey
by Bronze sister on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:01 AM
I completely agree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
patlizvic
by Sister on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:10 AM

That's sad.

BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:21 AM

This is so sad!!  I hope this child is found safely!

My kids went to summer camp for 6 weeks and they walked to and from WITH ME!!  NO WAY would I send them out by themselves!!!!!!!!

bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:06 AM

This just breaks my heart.  I agree with ya, they shouldn't be walking alone

cjcharlie1959
by Dungeon Queen on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:35 PM

I don't even let my 7 YO grandson ride his bike alone.  I ride with him.  His father however leaves him alone outside all the time.

suzi960
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:48 PM

of course cj,  your right....

Quoting cjcharlie1959:

I don't even let my 7 YO grandson ride his bike alone.  I ride with him.  His father however leaves him alone outside all the time.

smokeybear
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:41 PM

You gals remember Moself?  I haven't seen her in the group lately, but April 2010 her BFF  dd went missing after getting off the school bus a block from home.  She was 15 at the time.  

This is soo sooo sad.

suzi960
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:55 PM

i remember moe,what a shame....

Quoting smokeybear:

You gals remember Moself?  I haven't seen her in the group lately, but April 2010 her BFF  dd went missing after getting off the school bus a block from home.  She was 15 at the time.  

This is soo sooo sad.

coonanmom
by Sister on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:04 PM

We all need to be teach our kids stranger danger and let them know its ok to say no to an adult.  Have them go in pairs.  All the kids walk to our K - 5 school.  I keep a look out for them.  We should all do this.  Help each other.

suzi960
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:07 PM

my older son just finished fifth grade  and from k-5 i walked or drove him to school both ways..the school is 4 blocks away..he never walked alone.their too young...now he starts middle school this sept and im driving him,and picking him up this year again..until hes comfortable walking to and from and with a bunch of kids he will not walk alone..

Quoting coonanmom:

We all need to be teach our kids stranger danger and let them know its ok to say no to an adult.  Have them go in pairs.  All the kids walk to our K - 5 school.  I keep a look out for them.  We should all do this.  Help each other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)