• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rotator Cuff ..anybody????

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:27 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 522 Total Views

Went to the doctotr this morning.  Left shoudler and arm still giving my a fit after moving a heavy printer at work a few weeks ago.  She is sending me to a ortho guy becuse she things I have torn my rotator cuff.  Annyone familiar with this injury and how they fix it?

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
doxiebear
by Sister on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:35 AM

I have this problem....some dr's said it was torn, others say it is frozen. Nobody can make up their mind. I have had this for about 4 years now. I believe it is torn, it is very painful and at times unbearable. They said the last time I went in that I needed surgery. I said I couldn't afford it and they looked at me like I was an alien. Well duh, who can afford it? 

I have been told that if you don't let it go on too long you can go to physical therapy. I did not go because I have fibromyalgia and the last time I was in therapy, I was in unbearable pain after each appointment. They couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting better. Sometimes dr's are really ignorant. You should go to therapy if you can and have no other health issues. Good luck.

Budlady
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:44 AM
Yes all i can say is OWWWW and surgery is the fix but i cant afford it its been a long time with mine it has gotten better i did my own therepy but there are times when i do to much that it becomes very painful asprin helps alot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:07 PM

I am sorry for this.  I never had any experience with it but I surely hope it's better soon for you my sister.  ((HUGS))

Tatiana7
by Bronze sister on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:11 PM
My ex boyfriend had the surgery. He describes the pain before surgery as "ground glass and ice picks" as the pain he was feeling. The hardest part is after surgery because your arm "dangles" but when you where a sling, it pulls on the back of your neck because arms are heavy.

The surgery itself was a success. Use lots of pillows to prop it and do the physical therapy as recommended.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmty2010
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:13 PM

My so just went through surgery for this. It is a long time healing process and he had to have pt after the surgery. Painful, I guess, but at least he can use his arm now.

smokeybear
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Quoting doxiebear:

I have this problem....some dr's said it was torn, others say it is frozen. Nobody can make up their mind. I have had this for about 4 years now. I believe it is torn, it is very painful and at times unbearable. They said the last time I went in that I needed surgery. I said I couldn't afford it and they looked at me like I was an alien. Well duh, who can afford it? 

I have been told that if you don't let it go on too long you can go to physical therapy. I did not go because I have fibromyalgia and the last time I was in therapy, I was in unbearable pain after each appointment. They couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting better. Sometimes dr's are really ignorant. You should go to therapy if you can and have no other health issues. Good luck.

I agree go to therapy!

bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Ugh.  I know of a few people that had to have surgery.....

firemouse23
by Platinum sister on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:29 AM

They will generally attempt physical thereapy first.  If that doesn't work they may suggest surgery.  It all depends on how badly you tore it up and where it is torn.  I do wish you luck at the ortho.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)