Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bathroom Lament!!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:08 PM
Sue
  • 16 Replies
  • 571 Total Views

Why is it that men use the bathroom as their sanctuary (my ex husband would come home from work, immediately hide out in the loo until dinner and then disappear back into the bathroom after dinner for another hour + and even practice his mandolin in there for hours!) but moms can't even do their business in peace without their kids (and in my case the dogs too) requiring an audience within 3 minutes?! It's the only room in my house with a lock, so Hannah started pounding on my door to have me look at her drawing, and then my dog started whining at being on the wrong side of the door. UHG!

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzi960
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:27 PM

ohhh please sue tell me about it, i cant wait for them to go back to school so i can pee in peace....lol.....they never bother their father, but i go in there,and in no less than 1 minute  there is knocking at the door.....hubby says at least they knock.....

wishbearmom
by Sue on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Thank-you Suzi!!

Quoting suzi960:

ohhh please sue tell me about it, i cant wait for them to go back to school so i can pee in peace....lol.....they never bother their father, but i go in there,and in no less than 1 minute  there is knocking at the door.....hubby says at least they knock.....

KatiesMom63
by Cello Chick on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:27 AM

It's interesting you bring this up since I was just talking to a group of women this weekend and that very same topic came up.   

badlandsgirl
by I am a survivor! on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:45 AM

The bathroom is the place where they can think and stink at the same time. Could be the only time they multi task well. LOL

bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Oh lordy.  I so hear ya sissy!

GeezLouise41
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:12 AM

Quoting badlandsgirl:

The bathroom is the place where they can think and stink at the same time. Could be the only time they multi task well. LOL

rolling on floor

firemouse23
by Platinum sister on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:22 AM

rolling on floor

Quoting badlandsgirl:

BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:15 AM

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!!!!  How did you get 3 whole minutes in the bathroom without company???? 

sidesplittinglaughter

This NEVER happens in my house!  Either the kids which is 99.99999999% of the time or it's the cat watching me!

25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:47 PM

I'm sorry you have np peace or privacy. Every woman should have a private space. The bathroom can be a beginning, as we use this space for dressing & undressing.

KittyGram
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:54 PM

My cats are in their the SECOND I go in there.  But yeah, when I still had kids in my home, they were every bit as bad. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)