Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's see...Married....Divorced....Married...HAPPILY DIVORCED! What's your story?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:58 PM
  • 59 Replies
  • 2856 Total Views

Where is our instruction booklet for life???  I have decided not to be one of those women who stay in a bad relationship; I don't have anything against women who do, but my question is WHY??? Is it for the kids, I hope not, children are not blind to how their parents treat one another. My cousin stayed with her hubby for that reason, and now over 20 years later, her children are really messed up and can't have any normal relationship.  When my first marriage started going down the drain, I thought, I'll stay, it will get better and besides who wants to get married only to get divorced???  Well, 4 years later, we divorced, it was a horrible 4 years I might add, and of course, part of my youth was gone.  I did have 2 BEAUTIFUL kids from that marriage, who are growing into wonderful and caring adults; AND the best part is my older one is in a loving relationship of her own.  My son is only 16 and no GF yet...YAY...so far so good!

Now, the second marriage was my "high school sweetheart"...who turned into my "high school nightmare", but once again, I had a beautiful baby boy with him...unfortunately for me, he is his father all the way...sigh...We were married for 2 years and went thru a horrible divorce for over 2.5 years...I think it should have been annulled at that point...but oh well...I moved on...

For my 3rd and HOPEFULLY, I PRAY final live-in best friend, partner, lover, boyfriend, fiance, husband, boy toy :) *he is 2 years younger* whatever you want to call him...He is my other half...we met by accident when I wasn't looking (no, it wasn't a car accident), it was a networking social event...We share the same birthday, but 2 years apart...so he is me, in a guy form...thankfully, I don't think I want to be with my twin...anyway, that's my story...WHAT'S YOURS????

Life's short...dance in the rain

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Budlady
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:05 PM
Divorced 1 time getting married to my soul mate best friend sept 5th
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Hmmmm, Married....... Divorced.....Sadly widowed! 

25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:09 PM

My guy is 9 years younger physically, but he tries to be 20 years older in  the control and decision making area of our relationship. He tries to make all our decisions. I have to stop him, and remind him that there are two of us involved in our relationship. he seems to get so wound up in plans and thoughts, he forgets that I'm his partner.......... not his pet.

BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:10 PM

married at 21, divorced at 28, remarried at 29....twin boys 7 years in.  He is now a stage 4 renal cancer patient.  When he passes I will NEVER marry again!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Married 25 years to a man who I met on July 12 and he left for the field ( Military) and came home Aug 20th and married him Aug 28th. We have been together since. Good, bad, ugly and in between we have seen each other through it all. We have 5 kids, one we are adopting and 6 grandchildren with one on the way.

KittyGram
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Married (extremely pregnant) at 20, baby girl 3 weeks later.  Separated a year and a half later after the physical abuse started (it stopped the first time I had the sense to fight back), and when he decided he wasn't going to work anymore.  Divorce was final 2 years later, because I just wasn't sure I wanted to be 23 and divorced.  Never remarried.  Dated a few times over the years, but have run into more of his type, but without the physical abuse.  I still believe in love, and I still believe marriage CAN be forever, but I'm not sure I want to work that hard for it (I never realized how much work it really is, till I was in my last dating relationship).  I guess if the right guy comes along, I'll jump in with both feet, but I think I'm done "looking" for him. 

suzi960
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:34 PM

MARRIED AT 34,BEEN MARRIED FOR 13 YRS,KNOW HIM FOR 18...HAVE 2 SONS TOGETHER...

mollysmummy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Married then divorced - several years later, married again to my husband now who is (gasp) twelve years younger - are you horrified?  I am LOL!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:23 PM

married at 21 divorced at 23, married again at 26 and still together 15yrs later with 2 girls (oldest is his from first but we had custody of her @15/youngest is ours).  It's been tough especially lately with all the stress but I love him to much to let him go.  I know I could make it on my own if I had too but I right now we'll make it through all this "crap".

citysis
by Sister on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:59 PM
Quoting Budlady:

Divorced 1 time getting married to my soul mate best friend sept 5th

CONGRATS!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)