Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Damn My Crazy Life

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:49 AM
Sue
  • 23 Replies
  • 861 Total Views

I love you all and I really want to hang out here more this week, but...

the mod thing takes a ridiculous amount of time; who knew? If I had know how much of my energy it would suck out of me I would have thought twice.

I have overlapping classes - and the class that started yesterday has 64 students. That's 64 papers/week for 5 weeks to grade. If it seems like I've fallen off the face of the earth, maybe I have. I may seriously consider throwing myself off a bridge at some point during the next 5 weeks (probably more than once!)

My ex husband is still being an idiot. I was supposed to walk Han to school this morning because our son bought his dad tickets to a Mariner-Yankee baseball game in Seattle as a Father's Day gift. These were after market ridiculously expensive tickets because the game was sold out. You'd think his dad would be grateful and enjoy some father-son bonding time. Most tuned in dads would. Not my idiot ex. Work is just to all-important. He's just too all-important. They drove 300 miles to go to the game (which started at 7 pm), and instead of spending a night in a hotel, the selfish idiot (substitute any expletive you'd like) insisted they drive back so he could work the next day. It was a night game, so they got back at 3 am. My doorbell rang this morning. Guess what @&&#*!% showed up at my door to walk Hannah to school?! REALLY!

And for whatever reason, Hannah's new elementary school believes in packing a schedule as full as possible. Tonight was a PTO meeting. Tomorrow night is Open House, and Friday there is a luncheon for new students and their parents.

And since I'm on a rant (and you've already stopped reading because rants are tedious and self-indulgent), Rachel's mad because I am sick of stepping in dog poop and today dog pee and puke in my own house?!!!! I don't charge her rent, she doesn't buy groceries or contribute toward utilities, cable or internet. She's living off of mom and spending recklessly, and the only ONLY thing I've ever asked of her is that she keep her dog crated and take her out regularly. I LOST it when I saw the pee (after stepping in poop on my way to the bathroom this morning). There's no excuse for a 3 yr old dog to be doing that! Rachel's response was that she works full time yada yada (but today was her day off!!) and they'll look for someplace to live. I am not throwing them out on the street. I seriously don't think it's too much to ask to do whatever it takes to keep her dog from messing in my house.

Okay, rant over. After making a short story long, I will try to check in, but please don't give up on me if I'm not around as much. It's not because I don't want to be!! There is no place I'd rather be. I love hanging with my 40ish crowd! YOU ALL ROCK!!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:39 AM

Slow down sweetie, you know what happens when you burn the candle at both ends, don't ya?  Yuck on the dog mess.....  Don't blame ya.  Ex is a JERK......

badlandsgirl
by I am a survivor! on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Take a deep breath Sue. We are here for you. Check in when you can.

KatiesMom63
by Cello Chick on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:11 AM
Wow, you've got a lot going on. The dog stuff would drive me crazy and so would the ex. Hope you'll find the the time when you are able to let us know how things are going.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wishbearmom
by Sue on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Thank-you ladies!

firemouse23
by Platinum sister on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Awe...Sue.  We love ya and know you will be here when you can sneak a moment in.  Or when you have to just come in to get away.  We will be here waiting to see your smiling face and to give you a hug.  Icky with the dog.  I hope that situation gets better and your DD crates the dog.  Sounds like she never got the potty training finished.

wishbearmom
by Sue on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Sorry. I'm just frustrated. No, she never got the hang of potty training. Still, to threaten to move out because I'm upset about poo and pee in my hall?! If she wants to she should go for it. She never asked to move in. She just kept sleeping over and bringing more and more stuff to my house. She pays nothing and I am a wimp. I'll admit it. She makes more than I do; I have medical bills and I'm making a mortgage payment , medical and car insurance,  utilities (sewer/water plus electricity/gas), cable/internet. One more temper tantrum and I'm going to show her the budget and tell her it's time she chipped in. She's not even chipping in for groceries - not even dog food!

Quoting firemouse23:

Awe...Sue.  We love ya and know you will be here when you can sneak a moment in.  Or when you have to just come in to get away.  We will be here waiting to see your smiling face and to give you a hug.  Icky with the dog.  I hope that situation gets better and your DD crates the dog.  Sounds like she never got the potty training finished.

LadySaphira
by Gold sister on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:51 PM

A grown adult who is working, not contributing to household expenses, and not clceaning up after her own dog?!!! Your a lot more tolerant than I am.

cjs702006
by Carla - Survivor on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:59 PM

hugs

wishbearmom
by Sue on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Or too weak and stupid...

Quoting LadySaphira:

A grown adult who is working, not contributing to household expenses, and not clceaning up after her own dog?!!! Your a lot more tolerant than I am.

stuswf
by Gold sister on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:39 PM
(((hugs))) take time for yourself mama!!! Even if it's 15 mins in the bathroom with the door locked!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)