• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel Great!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:30 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 261 Total Views

Progress reports came out yesterday and after Hell Year, Michael has straight A's.  For now, he has come out of the funk he's been in since his dad died 3 years ago.  I have prayed and prayed for this child.  Hopefully he's back on the right track.

Jeremy also got his grades and his are all A's too.  He hasn't had the problems that Mike has had.  I think that losing kevin at such a young age(8) has affected him differently.

I AM JUST SO THANKFUL THAT WE HAD A GREAT DAY111

Elizabeth

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
firemouse23
by Platinum sister on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:31 PM

That is wonderful news!!! I sure hope this is the breakthrough that he needed and is on the forward path again.

bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Elizabeth, I know what you mean.  Mikey failed miserably last year after losing his dad...  Didn't even try.  Hated the new school, which was temporary, and hated everything about the county we were in, including the friends and people.  Geesh.

This year, he's liking his new school and is making friends.  I'm so happy.  I haven't seen "my" son since last November when his dad went into the hospital.  It's so good to have them functioning.  I'm very proud of your boys.  They say us widows hit the ground running as we have much to take care of but we still grieve....  The little ones or tweens or teens seem to sit on all that emotion and it rears it's ugly head down the road.  Glad that your boys are turning the grief around.  HUGS

smokeybear
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:40 PM

YAY for Michael & Jeremy!!!   Good job!!!

esmithcleveland
by Sister on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:47 PM

One of the reasons I so happy, is that Mike think everyone blames him for his dad's death.  Kevin was killed in a car accident on his way to get Mike for a Dr.'s appointment. Mike is ADHD.  I was horrified when I found this out from the counselor.  I thought he would blame me because I made the stinking appointment, no he blames himself  because he is ADHD.  This has been a hard fought battle between us.  I can't convnce him that this thought has never crossed my mind.  Actually I have never blamed anbody for the wreck except my husband, he thought he could beat oncoming traffic and make a left turn. He didn't and we all paid for it.   We're finally getting ourselves back together.

GeezLouise41
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:49 PM

I'm glad Michael is doing better and congrats to both of them on their grades.  I lost my father when I was five so I know how hard it can be. 

bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:53 PM

OMG, that's gotta be hard.  Poor baby.... blaming himself.  Geesh. Mikey blames Camel filters for his dad's demise.  Who am I to say it wasn't??

Quoting esmithcleveland:

One of the reasons I so happy, is that Mike think everyone blames him for his dad's death.  Kevin was killed in a car accident on his way to get Mike for a Dr.'s appointment. Mike is ADHD.  I was horrified when I found this out from the counselor.  I thought he would blame me because I made the stinking appointment, no he blames himself  because he is ADHD.  This has been a hard fought battle between us.  I can't convnce him that this thought has never crossed my mind.  Actually I have never blamed anbody for the wreck except my husband, he thought he could beat oncoming traffic and make a left turn. He didn't and we all paid for it.   We're finally getting ourselves back together.

cjs702006
by Carla - Survivor on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Thats wonderful! Hope they keep up the good work!

BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:19 PM

AWESOME!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)