Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

update.......... family and black friday stuff.

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:03 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 441 Total Views

I posted a while back after things getting messy with family members, my nieces's parents (DH's brother and his wife) that I was going to take a break for a bit.

this was for many reasons, I had a lot to do and was very behind, I needed a break for health reasons, lots of things. It was about 3 1/2 months before I saw the girls again. for me that's a record, and I missed them terribly. It wouldn't have been that long, but I ended up with Pnumonia as luck would have it.

anyway, I'm doing much better now and getting back in the swing of things. We went to their house for thanksgiving while my SIL's little sister and the sister's husband were visiting. her sis is a facebook pal of mine and I was happy to see her! SIL was busy visiting with her little sister so that meant I got to have time with my nieces without the usual hovering of my SIL. we played with dolls, I helped her make out her Holiday list, and we played Wii games.

After dinner we headed out into the world of black friday shopping! We scored all kinds of deals and it went  very well.

All in all, we had a blast!

I mentioned a while back that my niece was starting to behave pretty selfishly and other things. I had made the decision that I would cut back on the gifts I was giving her and give more to charity.  I think it was mainly a stage and she's acting much more like her old self. I think a lot of it is she's 8 and sharing her room with her 2  year old sister. They just made plans to remodel and that will give Niece #1  a  room of her own!

also, I'd heard about how un-sefish her behavior has been lately. so she has now unofficially earned back some more of the girls she wasn't getting.

all in all, things are going much better and I'm happy.

Given the fact that I am sleep deprived from all the holiday shopping, forgive bad spelling and all that...........

hope all is well with you! have a good one!

did anyone else venture in the black friday?

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bjfreeman1
by Miller Time,R.I.P. on Nov. 27, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Glad that you had fun!  Nope, didn't shop on Black Friday!

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Nov. 27, 2011 at 8:07 AM

I'm so glad to hear your feeling better and that you had a great holiday with your family... I remember you posts about not feeling well and the issues with family..

I didn't go shopping on Friday, I did a little online shopping but that's all...I generally hate shopping! haha

moeself
by Bronze sister on Nov. 27, 2011 at 8:21 AM

I am so glad you had a awesome thanksgiving!

My husband and I hit black friday with our tennis shoes on and coffee to go cups!  we started at Best buy at 9 am and scored a awesome laptop (2) .. It was insane !

keljo05
by Kelly on Nov. 27, 2011 at 8:46 AM

sounds like a wonderful holiday!

suzi960
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:00 AM

glad you had a good holiday with family..i did some shopping online...

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:11 AM

No I didn't venture into the mad world....so glad things are working out for you..

ksmommaoffour
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 10:07 AM

glad you have fun and nope I stayed in with the DH and played video games and worked on homework for next week.

ItsMe89
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Quoting jmlmomma:

I'm so glad to hear your feeling better and that you had a great holiday with your family... I remember you posts about not feeling well and the issues with family..

I didn't go shopping on Friday, I did a little online shopping but that's all...I generally hate shopping! haha

I had heard that Niece #1 was doing things like sharing her 'reward for being good at church' donut with her little sis when little sis didn't get one, and wanting to help a homeless man. I heard that she said when she grows up she wants to be a arcitect and design homeless shelters that will never be full.

my concern for her being too selfish has greatly reduced. :)

it was a wonderful time :)

ItsMe89
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:29 AM

how did you manage a lap top that late? I was in I was in line at best buy around 7 pm and there had to be about a hundred people already in line! I wasn't there for a lap top, but boy did you get lucky!

Quoting moeself:

My husband and I hit black friday with our tennis shoes on and coffee to go cups!  we started at Best buy at 9 am and scored a awesome laptop (2) .. It was insane !

moeself
by Bronze sister on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:41 AM

THAT was a typo !!! sorry we were in line at 9 PM Thursday night and yes the line was insane, one guy pulled a gun on another and I huge fight broke out as the cops were breaking up the ones that were fighting the customers in line behind the fight got the tickets LOL  !! I got one and my husband got one.  If the fight didn't let out I wouldn't of gotten any ticket  I guess going to the ghetto area has it s bennfits bouncing

sorry about the typo

Quoting ItsMe89:

how did you manage a lap top that late? I was in I was in line at best buy around 7 pm and there had to be about a hundred people already in line! I wasn't there for a lap top, but boy did you get lucky!

Quoting moeself:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)